IGNORED

a3quit4s new game room progress - VERSION 1 COMPLETED AND UPDATE 2/2/23

a3quit4s

7 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

@MrWunderful my uncle is coming to put in a ductless mini split for that room probably next week. 24k outside and two indoor units since the room is pretty big. Luckily our living room is right above so any heat down there will benefit us

I forgot that you mentioned that earlier that’ll be nice and toasty down thereI forgot that you mentioned that earlier that’ll be nice and toasty down there

14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I thought very seriously about putting this and a black light in the nook where pinball would be. I figured the lights throughout the basement would cancel out the effect. 

Everything's looking great! You could always throw down a sweet rug and add some mood lighting to that corner so it gives you that aesthetic when the rest of the lights are off. Always good to have a nice base to start with since you can customize later.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

Just some little touch up spots to do and put the door over the closet and we are wrapped up! Guys should be coming in the morning to finish it up and I’m moving in! I actually got pinball up and running as well, on the first shot hooking up all the connectors and re-soldering everything!

52C7C7A6-38CE-4835-8D36-F391C719702A.jpeg

• Like 2

Today is the day! All done!! Not much different than yesterday so one pic will do. I bought 2 of the 4 width shelves and banged them together today all other furniture is from the old game room. Super excited to be moving in lol vacuumed and mopped the floors and getting the furniture and it’ll be game time!

24A6EE58-5154-4F14-8B0C-797932361BD6.jpeg

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Today is the day! All done!! Not much different than yesterday so one pic will do. I bought 2 of the 4 width shelves and banged them together today all other furniture is from the old game room. Super excited to be moving in lol vacuumed and mopped the floors and getting the furniture and it’ll be game time!

24A6EE58-5154-4F14-8B0C-797932361BD6.jpeg

Soon...

image.png

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

• The title was changed to a3quit4s new game room progress - Construction COMPLETED 10/15/22!

Couple days since the last update - uncle and cousin were here over the last two days getting the mini split done up. Everything came out nice and this is officially the most efficient room in the house! That’s the last of the construction the other crew has a guy coming around to get the last of their debris and tools. Current gen alcove is all set up, took my LG CX from upstairs and replaced it with a 65” Vizio MQX which is really nice for being a non OLED. All cables run through the wall and need to start on the retro side either tonight or tomorrow. One indoor unit close up and another one further away. 

0AC2EE99-F037-4CF6-A3A0-D08AECF74650.jpeg

Update pics. Lots of stuff moved out and onto shelves. Still need shelves for many DVD based games. Maybe another triple or quad width for the blank wall opposite everything. Retro consoles setup is a work in progress. Fishing cables through walls is still ass even when you are set up for it but I got all the cables I needed done. Working on hiding wires on the console stand I’m like 90% there. Display case setup with my ode to The Legend of Zelda. Moved my next gen games down onto a double width to the wall right of the current gen cove.  Moving right along. Feels like I get to move into my new house twice!

1C2606E0-CA76-40A4-86A1-4DEC5F877CAE.jpeg

• Like 2

8 consoles hooked up to the RCA switcher. 3 analogue consoles hooked up to 3 port hdmi switch. PS3 and Xbox 360 hooked up to TV via straight hdmi. No rhyme or reason why the consoles are in the order they are in 

🤷‍♂️

edit: forgot - as props to @Reed Rothchild for all his hard work on the SNES rankings and also one of my favorite games of all time, A Link to the Past will be played to christen the game room! 

327B8355-ED3C-404F-AE75-A3C73AAE1DD6.jpeg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

• The title was changed to a3quit4s new game room progress - VERSION 1 COMPLETED AND FINAL UPDATE 11/01/2022

Alrighty folks, thank you for following my progress and I present the completed version 1 of the game room. Got the couch delivered today, the other did not fit down the stairs, and the last 4 wall shelf. It’s been fun providing updates and it’s crazy to see where I started. Now back to playing and enjoying this room!

458A118E-E67F-4D17-B6A6-B661384F7D40.jpeg

• Like 7