IGNORED

a3quit4s new game room progress - VERSION 1 COMPLETED AND UPDATE 2/2/23

a3quit4s

24 minutes ago, spacepup said:

It looks like it is coming along pretty quickly!  I know it's a lot of work but it will be super awesome when finished.  Thanks for sharing the progress!

Of course! I feel like there has been a minimum of 3 or so workers here at a time. There was a crew that did the framing and drywall and the crew that is here now does the mudding, painting, and the floor work. Was definitely worth it to go through a contractor, I don’t have the skill set to do all of this and it probably would have taken months on my own. 

12 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

This is gonna be sick, I'm stoked for you.

You and me both lol. Ordered two Prepac quad width shelves today. Can’t wait to pack them full of snes and nes. I feel like one long side will be an ode to Nintendo and the other long side will be everything else. I need like a rad hanging Nintendo sign but those prices are all nuts. I’ve still got all the other Prepac shelves as well. Can’t wait to move in haha

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Yes indeed! They have a couple other small things to box up. Personally I thought they would have done that before painting but what do I know, I don’t do it for a living lol

They should have, because they have to (supposed to?) frame, rock, tape and mud again, which means they are going to need to paint again. I would verify they know it is an item that isnt finished with the owner/ project manager, especially since it the framers are done and it might need blocking in the wall.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

You and me both lol. Ordered two Prepac quad width shelves today. Can’t wait to pack them full of snes and nes. I feel like one long side will be an ode to Nintendo and the other long side will be everything else. I need like a rad hanging Nintendo sign but those prices are all nuts. I’ve still got all the other Prepac shelves as well. Can’t wait to move in haha

That's what I did essentially, I just started with NES and moved chronologically down the wall, then did my sega stuff, then everything else. 

It's nice to see how fast everything is going for you.  I've been doing everything myself in what little free time I have and it takes a very long time.  I also don't have an empty basement to work with which slows the process down even further.  Sometimes I wish there was a button I could push to make it be done.  I've been following this since you first posted, and I'm definitely looking forward to the final results.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's nice to see how fast everything is going for you.  I've been doing everything myself in what little free time I have and it takes a very long time.  I also don't have an empty basement to work with which slows the process down even further.  Sometimes I wish there was a button I could push to make it be done.  I've been following this since you first posted, and I'm definitely looking forward to the final results.  

Well it was going fast. Hit a little hiccup ordering floor. Won’t be here till Friday so the guys will be back Monday. I told the damn contractor to let me know if the floor needed to be ordered because I’m not picky and already found another I like that is in stock. Oh well. 

Props to you for taking care of everything yourself. I feel like I rush to much and don’t pay attention to detail enough, so to take on something like this by myself would have had terrible consequences. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Well it was going fast. Hit a little hiccup ordering floor. Won’t be here till Friday so the guys will be back Monday. I told the damn contractor to let me know if the floor needed to be ordered because I’m not picky and already found another I like that is in stock. Oh well. 

Props to you for taking care of everything yourself. I feel like I rush to much and don’t pay attention to detail enough, so to take on something like this by myself would have had terrible consequences. 

To give you an idea of how much longer everything is taking, I started right before COVID.  But there have been many periods of down time when there is too much going on with work and family to do anything.  Luckily, the area that will be the game room is nearly done and I'm currently working on the shelving units for the gaming systems and my A/V equipment.  I just purchased a new 65" 4K TV which is waiting on the wall mount to go up (should be Thursday).  Lots of work to do, but I will hopefully have my gaming room back before Christmas.  Once the gaming room is done, I will get back to finishing the rest of the basement.  

Trust me, you will be enjoying your gaming room long before I will be.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That room and mine LxW is similar to mine, wish I had the funds (ever) to do something like this.  I've got ruined carpet with rugs over much of it and no door.  Love to be able to tear it out and get things clean since this is so similar of a space.

Laminate vinyl is cheap and durable! I think this one was like 3.89 a sqft? If you have the skills to do it yourself you can get out for like $2k but if you gotta have someone do it maybe more like $4ish but not terrible. A drop in the ocean on the amount I’ve spend on games in 7+ years lol

@a3quit4s Well I've had a lot of appliances and a mower I'm paying off currently that all imploded about a year ago, and with the added gov't costs thanks to mismanagement I'm too tight to really get into it at this point.  Plus the exterior we coudn't afford to finish when we had work done fixing new new roof, windows, gutters then and mostly of the back room so that would go first.  You are right, it would be a pain to clear the room in here but more than doable.   Personally I like carpet, I'd get a more durable one than the crap one here with a thicker pad, but at the same time I have pets who like to do random nasty stuff so maybe laminate would be better and just some floor rugs over it for comfort. 😄

• Like 1