IGNORED

Old NintendoAge NES List

ThePhleo

Okay, so years before the NintendoAge database went offline I decided to archive the NES database by hand. I'm pretty sure I even asked Dain if I can keep a copy of it in my PC.

I since lost the list because I named it something like asdasogaoskf.xls, but I managed to uncover it today!

So, for your own personal use, here is the old NA NES List.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15HCPu4mWLGdjk89MSGzajhjZ0Gf9KLIj98JChyuVvZY/edit?usp=sharing

Its flawed and outdated, but it has a ton of the international variants.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Now that's one hard core recovery there.  That's what that piece of human garbage bought the site for in part, the rarity list database to have all that data to exploit once he drove people away.  And here we have it, minus the pictures, without putting up with go-sabotage.

Hey now, don't forget that he also bought two unique IPs! "Nindo" and "Sprite"

Nindo

Nindo1.gif.1984d43c286a6ca67d19ad88416614c9.gifNindo2.gif.b4863da8455606c39555038167c805bb.gifNindo3.gif.36c1cb158d80c2bc21de64613af497b1.gifNindo4.gif.ec7a95097b29566e8e983b1ad4e12632.gif

Sprite

Sprite1.gif.2ddc8c85627390fd05e00c88b98cdf88.gifSprite2.gif.bbe91f36d4818db84b31505ede267fe8.gifSprite3.gif.b845053db19a2b6eb64d093a66eaa952.gif

Also, the NintendoAge e-Zine

nageezine.thumb.png.44ebbf1f79278fbc5b9ba4f737974415.png

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah good point, in the end yeah he won, really got one over on the group here with those sprites and that largely useless out of date magazine too.  It's an old meme before they used that word, and by far very not PC going there.  But if that's the kind of win there, it's kind of like winning at the special olympics because you know, you're still...

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oh yeah good point, in the end yeah he won, really got one over on the group here with those sprites and that largely useless out of date magazine too.  It's an old meme before they used that word, and by far very not PC going there.  But if that's the kind of win there, it's kind of like winning at the special olympics because you know, you're still...

@Bronty (Dan Maresca's) Seal Guide in the earlier issues is pretty useful.

15 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Hey now, don't forget that he also bought two unique IPs! "Nindo" and "Sprite"

Nindo

Nindo1.gif.1984d43c286a6ca67d19ad88416614c9.gifNindo2.gif.b4863da8455606c39555038167c805bb.gifNindo3.gif.36c1cb158d80c2bc21de64613af497b1.gifNindo4.gif.ec7a95097b29566e8e983b1ad4e12632.gif

Sprite

Sprite1.gif.2ddc8c85627390fd05e00c88b98cdf88.gifSprite2.gif.bbe91f36d4818db84b31505ede267fe8.gifSprite3.gif.b845053db19a2b6eb64d093a66eaa952.gif

Also, the NintendoAge e-Zine

nageezine.thumb.png.44ebbf1f79278fbc5b9ba4f737974415.png

Interesting, seems like you have some I do not. Were some removed after they were released from the original eZine listing on NA?

1 hour ago, Vaosu said:

Interesting, seems like you have some I do not. Were some removed after they were released from the original eZine listing on NA?

No idea, but I'd gladly share them with you.

Its about a third of a gigabyte so you have to tell me specifically which one you need, I have 47 of them in there.

Seems to me between various old members it's possible to recover that magazine and re-publish it online too through this site or elsewhere linked back here to really middle finger that whole operation.  You have a recovered rarity/total game list even if it's a spreadsheet for now, and if that exists, what did they gain?  Old posts most will never realize at this rate given the whole fall out.

16 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

No idea, but I'd gladly share them with you.

Its about a third of a gigabyte so you have to tell me specifically which one you need, I have 47 of them in there.

I uploaded I thought all of them to the Internet Database like a year ago. And I think someone else already had them there, too.

https://archive.org/details/NintendoAGEeZines/NA_eZine_Volume_1_Issue_01-2007/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Seems to me between various old members it's possible to recover that magazine and re-publish it online too through this site or elsewhere linked back here to really middle finger that whole operation.  You have a recovered rarity/total game list even if it's a spreadsheet for now, and if that exists, what did they gain?  Old posts most will never realize at this rate given the whole fall out.

A lot of the forum is archived on https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/index.html

You just can't use the login, search, and database functions.

Basically, NintendoAge is dead, but it'll never be lost.

ALSO: Some of the old guys have https://www.nintendoage.net/

It's not exactly thriving, but it exists.

Edited by ThePhleo

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

A lot of the forum is archived on https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/index.html

You just can't use the login, search, and database functions.

Basically, NintendoAge is dead, but it'll never be lost.

ALSO: Some of the old guys have https://www.nintendoage.net/

It's not exactly thriving, but it exists.

Not exactly thriving is a nice way to put it. Is that a GoCollect production?

I've been looking for this for so long! Thanks for sharing! Only issue is the rarities. Not just that they're inaccurate, but every item has the same rarity across cartridge, manual, and box. So, a game may show the rarity for all three being a 7, but really the cart might be a 7 and the box is like a 9. I think that was just a weird NintendoAge bug. But other than that, this is a great resource to have!

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2022 at 8:03 PM, Jaden said:

I've been looking for this for so long! Thanks for sharing! Only issue is the rarities. Not just that they're inaccurate, but every item has the same rarity across cartridge, manual, and box. So, a game may show the rarity for all three being a 7, but really the cart might be a 7 and the box is like a 9. I think that was just a weird NintendoAge bug. But other than that, this is a great resource to have!

The NA database was modified later with more accurate rarities for boxes and manuals.  This archive likely came before the bulk of the updates.  But it's a great starting point for anyone who wants to restart the database.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

there are def. some (outdated) issues with that list though for PAL releases:

- some games are listed under HOL code, but are actually FRA code, with a HOL coded back label.
if you include those under "HOL" , you are missing some of the black box games there, as well as the often overlooked Athletic World with USA code on the front, which actually has a HOL coded back.

i also see Stadium Events listed under "EEC"
yet no mention that there are actually 2 versions:
also meaning 2 different manuals.

- German version with EEC front and DAS on the back
- Scandinavian version with EEC front and SCN on the back

the German version with DAS back has a blue manual
SCN version has a yellow manual.
only the box is the same, which always has the EEC code on the side flaps.

10 hours ago, Friendsfa35 said:

there are def. some (outdated) issues with that list though for PAL releases:

- some games are listed under HOL code, but are actually FRA code, with a HOL coded back label.
if you include those under "HOL" , you are missing some of the black box games there, as well as the often overlooked Athletic World with USA code on the front, which actually has a HOL coded back.

i also see Stadium Events listed under "EEC"
yet no mention that there are actually 2 versions:
also meaning 2 different manuals.

- German version with EEC front and DAS on the back
- Scandinavian version with EEC front and SCN on the back

the German version with DAS back has a blue manual
SCN version has a yellow manual.
only the box is the same, which always has the EEC code on the side flaps.

Yeah, I don't even see some staple "grails" like -HOL coded Big Box Gyromite.

It was great for the time, but the list really needed work.