IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Wario's Woods!

BeaIank

1 minute ago, PII said:

@Bearcat-Doug Try playing columns on Genesis/Game Gear + Dr. Mario sometime.  This is like a combo of those that is more dynamic than the sum of its parts.

I actually had the Game Gear that came with Columns when I was a kid, but I didn't play it that much. I've played quite a bit of Dr. Mario, but I wouldn't say that I'm any better than average at it. That is a good point though. This game does feel like it has two things going on at once and that seemed to throw me off.

• Like 1

Member · Posted

Last Sunday/Monday I played through 60 some levels of the Round B.oss mode which has a boss fight every 10 levels.  Its a cool variation for a puzzle game and good training.

Def. a unique and worthy final licensed game by Nintendo in my book.

• Agree 1

Congrats on another win, @PII.  I was originally going to give this a real go, but after two hours of play on Saturday, my best time dropped by less than fifteen seconds, so I knew the law of diminishing returns was in full effect here.  Kudos to you for putting in the amount of practice it takes to get a sub-three minute score 🙂  And holding onto a final score until the end that is a scant four seconds better than your posted time... breathtaking stuff!!!  You most definitely earned it 😛

Member · Posted
13 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Congrats on another win, @PII 

And holding onto a final score until the end that is a scant four seconds better than your posted time... breathtaking stuff!!!  You most definitely earned it 😛

Thats really funny. Just in case morbis had one up his sleeve....

Member · Posted
15 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Congrats on another win, @PII.  I was originally going to give this a real go, but after two hours of play on Saturday, my best time dropped by less than fifteen seconds, so I knew the law of diminishing returns was in full effect here.  Kudos to you for putting in the amount of practice it takes to get a sub-three minute score 🙂  And holding onto a final score until the end that is a scant four seconds better than your posted time... breathtaking stuff!!!  You most definitely earned it 😛

Thanks.  I'm glad a "secret racing game" showed up.  Sub three was the goal, but I think a sub 2 for this challenge would constitute the true sense of arrival.  I wasn't really holding it, per say; that four seconds happened about an hour and a half ago.  I was hoping to break two-min on 3R though.  3:15 isn't too shabby either, especially for paltry two-hours of go-time.

2 minutes ago, PII said:

Thanks.  I'm glad a "secret racing game" showed up.  Sub three was the goal, but I think a sub 2 for this challenge would constitute the true sense of arrival.  I wasn't really holding it, per say; that four seconds happened about an hour and a half ago.  I was hoping to break two-min on 3R though.  3:15 isn't too shabby either, especially for paltry two-hours of go-time.

No, I played a couple of times on weekday evenings, but after two hours of play yesterday I had improved on my previous best by so little that I began to realize it wasn't going to happen without a real amount of effort.  So maybe four hours total play time to get the score I got...

Member · Posted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

No, I played a couple of times on weekday evenings, but after two hours of play yesterday I had improved on my previous best by so little that I began to realize it wasn't going to happen without a real amount of effort.  So maybe four hours total play time to get the score I got...

Ah, I see.  Still pretty good.

Member · Posted
14 hours ago, PII said:

@Bearcat-Doug Try playing columns on Genesis/Game Gear + Dr. Mario sometime.  This is like a combo of those that is more dynamic than the sum of its parts.

I don't like how the game combines a falling objects puzzle with moving a guy around and grabbing and placing pieces. To me it feels clunky and isn't fun. Annoyances such as accidentally grabbing a bunch of pieces when I only want to pick up that one specific piece.

25 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I don't like how the game combines a falling objects puzzle with moving a guy around and grabbing and placing pieces. To me it feels clunky and isn't fun. Annoyances such as accidentally grabbing a bunch of pieces when I only want to pick up that one specific piece.

I played it maybe for all of 15 minutes and that was basically my opinion of it. If I had the patience to have put more time into it, it might not have frustrated me as much.

• The topic was unpinned