IGNORED

Merging the NES, Famicom, and Famicom Disk System Libraries

ThePhleo

This is more for @fcgamer but I wanted to share something I've been working on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-IhIeeQBooxGDHq5XBMI_I_5QFPor3jauYahYFa-oV0/edit#gid=0

This list contains the entire licensed library for NES and shows what games are Famicom and Famicom Disk System exclusives in another tab.

I'm tired of artificially separating the library just because Japan has 60-Pins and a disk format, so here's my attempt at starting that effort.

Some other time I have a full weekend to myself I will update that list to show which games exactly are on Famicom & NES in two columns.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I count 1,538 total games for NES/FC/FDS. That's a more inclusive number separately counting all the debatable cases with a slightly different release (like the two versions of Clu Clu Land, Power Blazer vs Power Blade, and so on). It could easily be 20 games less if you went the other way.

4 hours ago, scaryice said:

I count 1,538 total games for NES/FC/FDS. That's a more inclusive number separately counting all the debatable cases with a slightly different release (like the two versions of Clu Clu Land, Power Blazer vs Power Blade, and so on). It could easily be 20 games less if you went the other way.

I'd probably keep it the way that Joseph is going, personally, at least in some instances. I personally find it a stretch to consider Power Blazer and Power Blade the same game, as they are too different.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'd probably keep it the way that Joseph is going, personally, at least in some instances. I personally find it a stretch to consider Power Blazer and Power Blade the same game, as they are too different.

I'm working on adding the FC / FDS column to the main list on my PC. It's TOUGH!

But I'm also getting numbers very close to 1538.

One thing that's bothering me in FDS are these things:

• (PNF-SHO) Tanigawa Kouji no Shougi Shinan II
  • (PNF-SH2) Tanigawa Kouji no Shougi Shinan II: Tsumeshogi / Tsugi no Itte

AND

• (BAN-SG1) SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars
  • (BAN-SGW) SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars

Why are these considered different games?

LASTLY is Wakusei Aton Gaiden considered a Licensed game or Unlicensed? If Licensed, it's really annoying that it doesn't have a PUB-XXX code.

So what's the word on Sachen level stuff exactly in relation to the unlicensed Famicom goods?

I saw you have Thunder Punch Man listed, dave can attest to where I'm going here as I showed him pictures, but I have its counterpart which is a complete boxed up game and has its own title screen and other changes -- Rocman X. I've since opened it.

rocmanx1.jpg

rocmanx2.jpg

Edited by Tanooki