IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Stinger!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

PEW, PEW, PEW!

It is time to pew pew Ladies and Gentlemen!

It is time for... STINGER!

Rules couldn't be simpler!

• Pew pew everything pew pewable until you die once!
  • If you die once, stop playing and take your picture
  • If you loop the game, pause the game and take your picture at the start of stage 1, loop 2
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 50,000 points

The contest ends Sunday, 08/28/22 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

I wish it had been a one life contest, since now we'll have to strategically die on purpose in the right spot/s over and over to maximize points with each man before crossing the loop point, but it is what it is...

One life contest, here we go!

SCORE EDIT - Well it looks like you've got me this week, Skinny; no way I'm going to be able to top this score: 133,800

SCORE EDIT #2 - Missed a couple bonus levels, but not bad overall: 3,185,600

SCORE EDIT #3 - Just about a perfect game, but reset the bells once by accident: 3,721,500

Stinger-3.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I wish it had been a one life contest, since now we'll have to strategically die on purpose in the right spot/s over and over to maximize points with each man before crossing the loop point, but it is what it is...

Anyway, reserved for score.

I figured it was a 1 life contest. I beat it back in 2015 and shooters aren't really my strongest genre.

Events Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Anyway, reserved for score.

I can change that right now if you all prefer it.

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

One life contest, here we go!

Reserved for score.

One life rule should almost be mandatory for shooters. They usually have the Gradius effect anyway so that you practically need to one life them. Never played Stinger so I don't know if that's the case here.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

One life rule should almost be mandatory for shooters. They usually have the Gradius effect anyway so that you practically need to one life them. Never played Stinger so I don't know if that's the case here.

I haven't played it in ten years, but I remember it being pretty easy, as far as shooters go...