IGNORED

VGS Homebrew on the Horizon

Scrobins

16 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Yeah, he got the rights for Chip's Challenge, so he must've done the same for Airball, meaning this is not a pirate/bootleg, but an actual repro.

He uses the term, "officially for the first time" in his video, so if this is accurate, then that would technically make his NES Airball legit and RetroUSB's version the pirate/bootleg.  Not that I care, as I like to own every game anyway, but it's an interesting distinction...

52 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He uses the term, "officially for the first time" in his video, so if this is accurate, then that would technically make his NES Airball legit and RetroUSB's version the pirate/bootleg.  Not that I care, as I like to own every game anyway, but it's an interesting distinction...

I would say that Retrozone's was an unofficial release because at the time, I don't think anyone really gave a shit about unreleased game's prototype's being found. It's over ten years later and buying old IP rights is now a thing. I think Sunday Funday and Greg Pabitch's release of Cheetahmen were the first actual reproductions, where they got the rights to the game and rereleased it. In this case, he's not wrong in saying this is the first official release if he has the rights to make it.

While none of the stuff he's offering appeals to me personally, I will say that his site's/company's prices for CIB and cart only (especially cart only) are fantastic, even when compared to other full-on companies who are releasing physical new/homebrew releases for these systems.  It's completely refreshing to see somebody pricing their stuff so affordably compared to everybody else (big and small) in the same space/scene.

• Agree 1

Moderator · Posted

Slowly chipping away at the many updates this list needs, the biggest being moving the myriad games that have now come out and need to be moved to my other thread.

In the meantime, I've moved a few games to purgatory, namely the two NES homebrews from Jurassic Games: Rumblefest '89 and Vice City: Magic Mayhem, Hyperdrive Soul from Rhoq, and Gamer Quest/Nintendo Quest, which was apparently cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...