IGNORED

VGS Homebrew on the Horizon

Scrobins

• 2 weeks later...
Moderator · Posted

Added Busty Bunny: The Bounty Babe for Gameboy, from the maker of Flashin' which was available on Indiegogo. The dev has said this game will be "more SFW" than Flashin', which makes alarms in my word-parsing lawyer brain go off noting that more SFW than X does not necessarily mean SFW in any objective sense; and his Twitter is very NSFW, so browse carefully.

Moderator · Posted
12 minutes ago, CMR said:

This may be too new, but the article is mentioning a cart release eventually.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2021/09/malasombra-upcoming-nes-title-by-4mhz.html#more

I was excited to see that update! They’d been dormant for so long I had downgraded Malasombra to in limbo awhile back.

Administrator · Posted
23 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Added Teenage Gizzard Gameboy Game King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard for Gameboy, with chiptunes and a game, limited edition available for pre-order.

This doesn't have anything at all to do with the band, right? I imagine I'd have heard about it otherwise. So these are basically "covers" of their songs?

Moderator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

This doesn't have anything at all to do with the band, right? I imagine I'd have heard about it otherwise.

I believe this guy, Gizzmoix, is not associated with the band but is making chiptune of some of their music or taking chiptune of their music and putting it on carts.

• Thanks 1

https://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/bootlegger

FYI to anyone who didnt know, that band actively encourages folks to make novel album versions and sell them for their own profit. There seems to be a bit of a subculture around creating versions for increasingly wacky old formats, which I guess is why we get these chiptune versions. 🙂

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
17 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

I googled this but couldn’t find anything — is there a write up on this anywhere? I’m a backer of his Anguna NES game and would love to know more about this one!

Yep, the link I put into the OP for the entry will take you to his Twitter with a little info and a nice gif. If you back Nathan on Patreon you’ll get even more!

• Thanks 1