IGNORED

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Released 2022 07-29 - Anyone Playing?

spacepup

Administrator · Posted

Heya folks!  

I've been putting a lot of time lately into Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for Switch, which released July 29.  Anyone else playing the game? Enjoying it? Not liking it? 

I'm about 30 hours into the game, and so far I'm having a good time!  There are some general themes and gameplay elements that carry over from previous iterations of the series, but it also has a few new elements that change it up a bit.  

If you really didn't like 1 or 2, then I don't know that 3 will completely change your opinion of the series, but if you enjoyed the other Xenoblade games, I think you'll like this one too.

I'm enjoying the characters, story, and lore / world, which are the main elements that draw me to these games.  It has an interesting story that I'm enjoying watching unfold.

Please, no spoilers of course, but feel free to share your thoughts of the game so far or if you have questions!

Administrator · Posted

Those are good - Particularly XB1 and Torna.  If you played through XB2, I *definitely* recommend playing the Torna expansion/prequel!  It's a great expansion of the world/story.

I'm still playing and enjoying XB3.  I need to get further along before I can really say how I prefer it to say, XB2 (which I loved).  But all in all, I'm definitely having fun with it.

Once again, I'm thinking about booting up XB2 and giving it one more try.  (I mean, I paid full price for it for a DLC copy, so why not try to get my money out of it.)

I know it has settings to make it super-easy.  If I max those out, about how long is this game start to finish?  I might play it just to finish the story, but I'm not sure I want to put more than 20, 25 tops, hours into it.

Administrator · Posted
22 minutes ago, RH said:

Once again, I'm thinking about booting up XB2 and giving it one more try.  (I mean, I paid full price for it for a DLC copy, so why not try to get my money out of it.)

I know it has settings to make it super-easy.  If I max those out, about how long is this game start to finish?  I might play it just to finish the story, but I'm not sure I want to put more than 20, 25 tops, hours into it.

Easy mode will shave a lot of time off battles, but even still - I think it'd be quite a challenge to beat this game in that short of a timeframe.  For better or worse, these games are long games, with expansive worlds to traverse and lots of cutscenes / activities to check out.  

You can definitely skip a lot of the side quests and things if you just want to focus on the main story, of course.  But even setting to easy and skipping a bunch of side quests, it is still going to take quite a while.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to play 3. All the hand holding and 30 minute cut scenes are really killing my enjoyment.
With 2 all the new mechanics/ systems had a few screen explanations then you could figure the rest out by yourself. 

3 gives you a 10 minute cut scene talking about it. Then slowly walks you through the menus step by step.

5/10 so far, I will try to push through to see if it gets better. 

For reference 2 and X are my favorites. Torna was a good extension of 2.

Edited by themisfit138

Administrator · Posted

I agree with the forced tutorial parts in the menu.  Fortunately, a decent bit into the game, that stops completely and you are just left to play and explore on your own.  It's a long enough game that now that stuff feels sorta like a distant memory.  

But yes, I understand the feeling and I find it odd they forced the menus and such like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spacepup said:

I agree with the forced tutorial parts in the menu.  Fortunately, a decent bit into the game, that stops completely and you are just left to play and explore on your own.  It's a long enough game that now that stuff feels sorta like a distant memory.  

But yes, I understand the feeling and I find it odd they forced the menus and such like that.

That’s good to hear. I will keep going.
I like all the others, just the forced tutorials have really been bugging me.