IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Castlevania!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Does this mean you've already got a new world record sub-ten minute run, or what.... ?

And @BeaIank do you want us to list our time from pressing start or from gaining control after the cut scene of walking up to the gate?

From pressing start is easier for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, PII said:

Nah, that's just my commentary on the apparent lack of gamers coming out of the woodwork to play a classic that everyone loves.

And which was often ignored for the weekly contest because of a broken score system till we figured speed run would be perfect for it.

Video requirement may be a problem for many.  A highbrid solution that seems appropriate to me for future speed runs would be to allow photos for progress, but video required for timed completions.  So the rule would be Progress first and lowest time as the tie breaker.

So let's say ten guys compete: three with a video completing the game, and seven with pictures, one of which completed the game.  The three timed videos would win first, second and third place based on their times, then the guy who completed the game with only a picture would place fourth, then the other six guys would rank based on how far they got on one life.  This way, the hardcore guys like me and PII could do our speedrun videos, but anyone else who just wanted to compete for progress could also play the game and post a picture of their best progress...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

This way, the hardcore guys like me and PII could do our speedrun videos, but anyone else who just wanted to compete for progress could also play the game and post a picture of their best progress...

I no deathed the game, so that's still pretty hardcore. I didn't time it exactly, but it took me around 20 minutes.

Out of town, but I will get on this tomorrow night. My score will be embarassing. One of those games I love but have never managed to get good at. Not surprised pii is a monster. Castlevania games are def his jam. Figured it would be up dr morbis alley too for sure. Photo finish at the midnight hour wouldnt surprise me this week. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Damn dude...wonder if @Dr. Morbis has a sub-14 run in him...

I haven't played since I uploaded my video to youtube on Saturday morning.  I actually spent a few hours beating Vs Castlevania on the hardest difficulty later in the evening for my personal list, but no time to play today, so for the relatively short amount of time I put in, I'll happily settle for second... 🙂