IGNORED

WATA - sloppy job(?)

dogbowl

Currently listed on eBay - What's going on here? Stickers left on the box and the cart placed in the incorrect position - on the one box where it actually matters!?

Also seems strange they don't expect the map to be included in the box.

I don't mind graded games, I even purchase from HA auctions - however this sloppiness really lowers my impression of WATA 😞

Screenshot_20220807-090601.png

Screenshot_20220807-090651.png

• Confused 1

Stickers are always left on the box since they don't want to modify the game without the consent of the owner, and they no longer offer cleaning services.

Cartridge positioning is effed, and I highly disagree with them that the map doesn't count. The map is *essential* if not integral to gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Stickers are always left on the box since they don't want to modify the game without the consent of the owner, and they no longer offer cleaning services.

Cartridge positioning is effed, and I highly disagree with them that the map doesn't count. The map is *essential* if not integral to gameplay.

I tried finding an actual physical picture of the map online but couldn't.  what info does the map present that the instructions don't?

i kinda feel like they shouldn't make exceptions for particular games.  if they say this map must be included to be counted as CIB, do all other games with maps need to be included, regardless of their usefulness, as well?  if they start to count maps they might as well count posters too.  

i've seen 2 different youtube videos of people unsealing lethal enforcers for the sega cd.  and guess what: the contents of both boxes were not identical.  of course the map was included in the legend of zelda, but i don't think they can as certain for other game in the nes library. 

there needs to be a consistent line drawn  and i think where that line is currently drawn is appropriate.  

2 hours ago, final fight cd said:

I tried finding an actual physical picture of the map online but couldn't.  what info does the map present that the instructions don't?

i kinda feel like they shouldn't make exceptions for particular games.  if they say this map must be included to be counted as CIB, do all other games with maps need to be included, regardless of their usefulness, as well?  if they start to count maps they might as well count posters too.  

i've seen 2 different youtube videos of people unsealing lethal enforcers for the sega cd.  and guess what: the contents of both boxes were not identical.  of course the map was included in the legend of zelda, but i don't think they can as certain for other game in the nes library. 

there needs to be a consistent line drawn  and i think where that line is currently drawn is appropriate.  

Im not too hard on what is CIB but maps should always be included if the game came with it. Usefulness is irrelevant. The discussion should be about random pamphlets etc ( I dont feel they are needed but open for arguments)

7 hours ago, final fight cd said:

The map was basically supplemental info, above and beyond a normal manual sure. But also part of the original package and specific to that game. integral to the gameplay of the time, existing in a world without internet resources. It's a pretty easy line, imo. Directly related to helping you play the game. Very different from "hey buy this other thing"

Just out of curiosity was there a picture I didn't see of the rear with more text or where did this come from where they're that stupid to think the little fold out every game had included with a circle sticker seal doesn't count in being a 'complete' game as that's idiotic.

• Confused 1