IGNORED

Sooo... any news on CGC Video Games grading?

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@RH David and the gnomes is about to come on Nick jr after that commercial

Yessss!  I loved David The Gnome!

Anyone else watch Nick Jr. waaaaay past your age range because you were sick at home and it was the only thing on TV that was remotely interesting?  TBS would occasionally have some crazy old movie on syndication that no one had ever heard of but other than that, you were stuck with David, Maya and Eureka.  I didn't mind.

Edited by RH
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

Yessss!  I loved David The Gnome!

Anyone else watch Nick Jr. waaaaay past your age range because you were sick at home and it was the only thing on TV that remotely interesting?  TBS would occasionally have some crazy old movie on syndication that no one had ever heard of but other than that, you were stuck with David, Maya and Eureka.  I didn't mind.

That “grimms fairy tale classics” I loved as a kid too.
I was probably 7-8 years old. I’m about to sit in this chair66EDEAEE-EAF3-41B5-8584-506DE09499CC.jpeg.1868acf84fbdd4439a4ab5c5b69e8ee4.jpeg

and eat some of theseC163985C-745C-4AA9-8315-400F14D1181B.jpeg.da77be3038ae4008dc191d5530c22b3c.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Is that a guess, or do you actually know? And if all 40 guys grade 1/hour, thats only 320 games a day across all companies. Sounds a lot less than demand. But who knows. 

An educated guess. Wata likely less than 10 graders or so before their takeover by Collectors. At the time if you were going off their LinkedIn page, they had three graders: an associate grader, mid-level grader, and Ken. I guess there's no guarantee here they didn't have more but they weren't exactly a huge company then.

14 minutes ago, inasuma said:

An educated guess. Wata likely less than 10 graders or so before their takeover by Collectors. At the time if you were going off their LinkedIn page, they had three graders: an associate grader, mid-level grader, and Ken. I guess there's no guarantee here they didn't have more but they weren't exactly a huge company then.

I think I found their turn around time problem lol

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:24 PM, ThePhleo said:

Jason Brassard is an OG of OGs. Matt McClellan to be honest I have no history with, but he has a beautiful collection and seems very passionate about it.

I can absolutely vouch for Jason. I've spoken with him many times back when he lived in St. Louis. He is very knowledgeable - especially with the older systems (Atari and NES specifically).

Can't say I like the cases as others have mentioned, but I'm all for additional competition in grading. And honestly, they still look better than WATA - which look like some child's sketch of futuristic trash. I'm sitting on a decent number of games I want to get slabbed and might go through them after I see some of the early results. 

Edited by dr.robbie

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I created an account just to take a look at the grading process and services.  Eh, looks like you have to pay what are essentially monthly club fees to submit any games.

Yeah... I'm not into that.  This isn't for the casual submitter, which I what I am.  Hard pass but if might be for some of you guys, though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mijael said:

Its just an annual fee ...  

You can can pay a $25 annual fee and you can send many games you like.  Even with the annual fee its cheaper than Wata 

Yeah, but I'm the type of person where the most I'm likely to submit are 3-5 games in my life time.  Once a year is generous so at $25, it's the fees plus $25.

I get that some people are serious about grading and might submit 10, 20, 50 or even 100 games a year, but there are probably many, many thousands of us who are interested in the idea of the service and willing to send off a few games in our lives, if for no other reason that if we find something excessively rare, we might want to get it encased in something nice looking for display.