IGNORED

Sooo... any news on CGC Video Games grading?

I'm really looking forward to another alternative. 

WATA: I've submitted to them before but their issues are well-documented. Also, I have about 7 pretty valuable games to submit so we're talking over $1,000 to have them graded 

VGA: I like the cases, but going through their submissions makes me feel like I'm doing my taxes

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

I'm really looking forward to another alternative. 

WATA: I've submitted to them before but their issues are well-documented. Also, I have about 7 pretty valuable games to submit so we're talking over $1,000 to have them graded 

VGA: I like the cases, but going through their submissions makes me feel like I'm doing my taxes

Is the VGA still fill out that god awful paper form?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, Laseki said:

they have an instagram page under "cgcvideogames", no exact date yet, but it still says 2022, a friend of mine moved down to florida recently to work as a grader for them so it should be soon-ish

I live in Florida and thought about sending a resume but I’ll I got was “I like Nintendo” not sure how difficult it is to get a job grading there…

16 hours ago, inasuma said:

this should be interesting. CGC just announced an instagram live chat for tomorrow. guessing a case drop/first look?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cic4zztrSZZ

Friend i mentioned earlier whos gonna be grading stuff there urged people to watch this on his facebook, guessing case reveal + date drop

Other than the case reveal, what's the news?  When are they opening, what all are they (or more importantly what aren't they) grading?

Will the submission process be as easy as Wata.  I'll give wata that.  They make submission suuuuuuper easy.  I think that's the only praise I got for them.

Edited by RH

The clean aesthetic with more defined lines is nicer than wata, but the label is bad IMO. Wata label is far better. 

All that really matters is price and turn around though. 

Also, where are all these professional video game graders/ archivists coming from? Like 5 years ago there were a few that no one knew at VGA, now there is enough for WATA to start and expand, now CGC? Is there some college program on video game authentication or licensing board Ive never heard of?

Honestly Id trust @docile tapeworm over most of the rest of them anyways

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

The clean aesthetic with more defined lines is nicer than wata, but the label is bad IMO. Wata label is far better. 

All that really matters is price and turn around though. 

Also, where are all these professional video game graders/ archivists coming from? Like 5 years ago there were a few that no one knew at VGA, now there is enough for WATA to start and expand, now CGC? Is there some college program on video game authentication or licensing board Ive never heard of?

Honestly Id trust @docile tapeworm over most of the rest of them anyways

Jason Brassard is an OG of OGs. Matt McClellan to be honest I have no history with, but he has a beautiful collection and seems very passionate about it.

As for the archivist thing...we were always operating in the background. I myself don't consider myself explicitly a "collector" anymore, to me I'm more about documenting and archiving things now. I COLLECT NES, but my archive can take video game history to the year 1901 (no joke!) and I even have computer game memorabilia from 1940!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

Jason Brassard is an OG of OGs. Matt McClellan to be honest I have no history with, but he has a beautiful collection and seems very passionate about it.

As for the archivist thing...we were always operating in the background. I myself don't consider myself explicitly a "collector" anymore, to me I'm more about documenting and archiving things now. I COLLECT NES, but my archive can take video game history to the year 1901 (no joke!) and I even have computer game memorabilia from 1940!

Not sure who those guys are, but im not into the scene. Assuming graders at the one of the companies? Im sure Ken from wata is super knowledgeable too. 

Just curious about the other few hundred required to grade thousands of games across 3 big companies, plus a few other fly by night ones. 

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Not sure who those guys are, but im not into the scene. Assuming graders at the one of the companies? Im sure Ken from wata is super knowledgeable too. 

Just curious about the other few hundred required to grade thousands of games across 3 big companies, plus a few other fly by night ones. 

You overestimate how many people are doing the grading. Think less than 40 total across vga, wata, and cgc.

• Agree 1

I’m actually here to announce the launch of the brand new Gulag Joe Grading Academy. With GJGA training, we guarantee we will transform any regular Joe into the perfect video game grader with the keenest eye for detail. The training process will have each prospective trainee watch all of the amazing youtube conspiracy videos the self proclaimed pros have uploaded, a history course on each sealed game critic and how their old posts from 10 years ago are embarrassingly bad freezing cold takes, and an Opty process of opening sealed games to check and make sure all submitted sealed games are still playable. Website and application process coming soon.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, inasuma said:

You overestimate how many people are doing the grading. Think less than 40 total across vga, wata, and cgc.

Is that a guess, or do you actually know? And if all 40 guys grade 1/hour, thats only 320 games a day across all companies. Sounds a lot less than demand. But who knows. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Can you imagine if I was grading your games. Granted I could probably do just as well…

"Hey Skinny, can I get a favor?!

homer simpson money GIF

14 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Also, where are all these professional video game graders/ archivists coming from?

I think Sally sold a correspondence course just for this.

FB60RSSX0AIXPmj?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1