IGNORED

IPs that didn't start with the NES

Nintegageo

If Mario Kart and others are separate IPs from the main Super Mario games, there's a bunch.

Mario Kart - SNES

Super Smash Bros. - N64

Mario RPG - SNES

Paper Mario - N64

Kirby's Dream Land started Kirby on GB. (Yeah, it was originally HAL, but that company is so intertwined with Nintendo it might as well be first party.)

Pilotwings - SNES

Splatoon - Wii U

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Sticking with Nintendo I.P that had more than one game, Wave Race was Game Boy, Rhythm Heaven was GBA, Panel de Pon was SNES, Battle Clash was SNES, Star Fox was SNES, Pushmo was 3DS eShop, Nintendogs was DS, Magical Vacation was GBA, Brain Age and Big Brain Academy were DS, Art Academy was DSiWare, Chibi-Robo was Game Cube, Custom Robo was Game Cube, Steel Diver was 3DS, and many others.

Kind of a strange idea for a thread, not gonna lie.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The most recognisable video game mascot in the world existed before Nintendo made games at all.

If you're referring to Pacman he was designed in 1980, while Nintendo had been making games as early as 1973, potentially earlier if you wanna get super technical.

I see the intent after the second post as just IPs started on Nintendo, but not NES.  This could be fun, and well I guess this is for first through third party?

Gameboy to GBA: Gargoyle's Quest, (Mario's) Picross, Kirby('s Dream Land), Wave Race, Rhythm Heaven, obviously Pokemon, Wario Land, Wario Ware microgames series, Final Fantasy Legend(Saga series), Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu/"Mana"), Golden Sun

DS: Brain Age/Academy series, Nintendogs, Elite Beat Agents(Ouendan in Japan had sequels 2)

SNES - Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X, Star Fox, ActRaiser, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Ogre Battle, Mario Kart, Top Gear, Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack,

N64 - Animal Crossing, Custom Robo, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Mario Sports (Golf/Tennis), Paper Mario, Smash Bros

Gamecube - Pikmin

Wii - Xenoblade

Bonus (Arcade): Punchout, Donkey Kong, Mario(Bros)

If breakouts are allowed like with the mario kart, sports stuff, Megaman is ripe.  Zero on GBA, Battle Network on GBA too, DS with ZX and Starforce.

1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

GameCube - Luigi's Mansion, Mario Strikers, Viewtiful Joe, Baten Kaitos

I really enjoyed Viewtiful Joe, for what it was. That's a game I haven't thought about in more than a few years and one I wouldn't mind playing again. Sadly, I no longer own it.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Agree 1

Agreed Viewtiful Joe (I had the first) was fantastic on the cube.  I recently saw it a month ago locally at half price, but well might as well called that high EBAY BIN books, it sat there for a month until someone bought it for higher than online cost.  I wanted it to play again, but matter of principle I didn't. 🙂

Gamecube also started the Mario Baseball series of sports games.
N64 - To be fair, it's a franchise of a franchise, a sub-franchise? but Star Wars "ROGUE SQUADRON" had 3 games N64 then 2 on the Cube.  Also N64 (Japan) started Sin&Punishment which only got one sequel, the game on Wii that I guess stunk enough to kill it.

But by that logic, then I guess I'm allowed to franchise out a deviation franchise too, Metroid PRIME that trilogy was started on Cube ended up Wii finishing it, then it had the trilogy pack and it's spinoffs of pinball and hunters.