IGNORED

Any Toy Collectors? Discussion and Show Off!

12 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Walked through the game store earlier today....

Could NOT leave without this:

image.thumb.jpeg.b89b46b0ebf9fad6d8f6e868ace13604.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b7d8068a9ed5eb181a827c2cffef7c96.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dea9236723f4239e720a19e64ef7ac9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.9ab94b73f3631d9cfa9ecd6ea57156f2.jpeg

This is the only Transformer I have, now.☺️

It's not in great shape, with some wear.../ It's awesome because it's got METAL pieces in it (joints & feet) and you can FEEL the parts working together as you transform it. It's incredible. 

He's not super stable when standing, but the cassette holder still opens, and getting a little cassette with it was the kicker. 

The cassette case is a knockoff but very cool purchase! Maybe 5 years ago they released this figure again, the same original toy using the same original mould and it was just $60. You might get lucky and find someone selling one or be able to complete yours with some of the pieces.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

The cassette case is a knockoff but very cool purchase! Maybe 5 years ago they released this figure again, the same original toy using the same original mould and it was just $60. You might get lucky and find someone selling one or be able to complete yours with some of the pieces.

JUST the cassette case is a knockoff??? Is there a way to tell? It doesn't actually look like these little "MicroCassette's" came with a case when sold I guess?

The little jaguar itself seemed legit. It has some metal pieces and some weight to it. 🤔

Didn't see any date markings on the Jaguar itself....

It seems to be this:

https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-mini-cassettes-ravage/308/

Looking at the jaguar itself I would be surprised it were the new reprints....? 

The metal on the jaguar has a good amount of "wear" on it and if it were that new I would expect it to look a bit better...

Edited by AirVillain

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

JUST the cassette case is a knockoff??? Is there a way to tell? It doesn't actually look like these little "MicroCassette's" came with a case when sold I guess?

The little jaguar itself seemed legit. It has some metal pieces and some weight to it. 🤔

Didn't see any date markings on the Jaguar itself....

It seems to be this:

https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-mini-cassettes-ravage/308/

Looking at the jaguar itself I would be surprised it were the new reprints....? 

The metal on the jaguar has a good amount of "wear" on it and if it were that new I would expect it to look a bit better...

It could be a few things. The figure was sold as Jaguar in Japan and came with the case but it was sold as Ravage in North America and did not come with the case. Some people made bootlegs of the case, figure, everything and this has to be some mix of that. It could very well be a Takara (Japanese) release of the figure that someone imported but my guess is it's a Hasbro (North American) release that someone paired with a bootleg cassette case.

• Like 1