IGNORED

SkateCat [NES/FAMICOM] by SJ Games

dale_coop

11 hours ago, dale_coop said:

The FAMICOM version is finished... now the production has started (handled by @Broke Studio)

The game has Japanese/English/French languages in the game and the manual is in Japanese/English.
The box also contains stickers (like the NES edition).

IMG_1549.JPG.da69d38faed68192ec2bff02247bf0a9.JPG
(photo of the prototype... but the final version will be identical, just better printed) 😉

Looks beautiful, I played the demo back awhile ago and adored it.

How do we get one of these?

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Well obviously.

For some of his other releases he did pre-orders and stuff, which is why I'm asking. I don't want to miss this one as I've been looking forward to it for awhile!

Thank you @fcgamer
This édition will be very limited in quantity. If interested in a copy, contact me in private and I will add you on the preorder list 👍 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to inform that we have the FAMICOM edition of SkateCat, ready (small batch manufactured by Broke Studio).
The game has Japanese/English/French languages in the game and the manual is in Japanese/English.
The box also contains stickers (like the NES edition).

If interested by a copy, send me a message.

IMG_1747.jpg.263bc46ed569a817e39a4d084744c647.jpg

• Wow! 1

• 1 month later...

I had a lot of fun with this, received mine a week or two ago and already played through it and beat it several times, first on normal and then on hard mode.

@dale_coop : The only (slight) criticism I have is that sometimes I feel the gaps are just a hair too wide, making it easy to send the skateboarding neko to his death, particularly in the factory stage (though also somewhat noticeable in the forest area in the tree branches above). It's almost as if you have to wait until the cat is basically off of the platform to jump in order to clear some pits / electrical charges.

Otherwise, I had a lot of fun with this game. As soon you first mentioned it, I was really excited for its release.

Will any of your other projects ever make it onto cartridge format?

Thank you for playing. And for those feedback, much appreciated. 
I know I told Seiji the level design was sometimes too harsh. But he wanted it hard.

Seiji is doing a break (now he following tutorials about blender, Unity... and also GBStudio). But he starts having ideas coming for another game. We'll see.
Me, working on my own projects (chibi Monster Brawl... and a couple of other ones)

And from tomorrow we'll go to Japan for visiting and promoting the games 😉 (meeting players, and myself seing other devs, ...)

IMG_19762.jpg.e64c0b5720783c4ef749074cc06f44f8.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...