IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Silver Surfer!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

I am out of town helping my father with urgent and important family matters, so I will be unable to amend the ruleset to cover the stages where point pressing can be an issue.
I kindly ask you all to use the honour system and not willingly farm on those points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

I am out of town helping my father with urgent and important family matters, so I will be unable to amend the ruleset to cover the stages where point pressing can be an issue.
I kindly ask you all to use the honour system and not willingly farm on those points.

I’m too lazy to point press. 
hope all goes well for you!

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

I’m too lazy to point press. 
hope all goes well for you!

Yes bea I hope it goes well.

i know why but bombs assigned to select is annoying. I think I use one bomb the whole run and it’s not necessary it just makes it easier to pass through that waterfall of lava in section 2 of the fire guy level.

• Like 1

I'm... not good at this game. I'll try to put up a shitty participation score later.

I've been getting back into 1943 though. Recently broke a million for the first time. So much fun. Would be a great game to include in next season.

• Like 1

Ok, I posted my score.  See my notes.  I died at the first min-boss on Stage 1.  Before Bea posted the above, I point pressed a bit, taking my time trying to figure out the pattern.  I am a bit chicken, plus I saw the benefit of just lagging.  Anyway, if that's not good, I have a much lesser score I can post, but since I'm not fighting for #1 with a bit of point-pressing, hopefully this isn't a problem, but I'll submit myself to the groups judgement.

This was my first time getting to the stage 1 boss, so it was a legit stall, but I conveniently learned the point press trick pretty quickly just trying to play it safe by staying low.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RH said:

Ok, I posted my score.  See my notes.  I died at the first min-boss on Stage 1.  Before Bea posted the above, I point pressed a bit, taking my time trying to figure out the pattern.  I am a bit chicken, plus I saw the benefit of just lagging.  Anyway, if that's not good, I have a much lesser score I can post, but since I'm not fighting for #1 with a bit of point-pressing, hopefully this isn't a problem, but I'll submit myself to the groups judgement.

This was my first time getting to the stage 1 boss, so it was a legit stall, but I conveniently learned the point press trick pretty quickly just trying to play it safe by staying low.

It should be okay since it's not going to win anything.  Plus, you just may get a better score between now and Sunday evening... 😉

• Thanks 1

Any of you guys who think this game is hard, you should try the second and third quests: they make the stock game look like baby mode.  Everything is the same, but most enemies move faster and shoot more bullets (where applicable).  So some enemies who rush you just cannot be defeated if you're not fully powered up.

I did manage to beat both of the extra quests for my personal list today, since I figure I'll never have the game memorized to this degree ever again after this week is over, but they were 1CC runs, as trying to do no-death runs on the last two quests in a single day turned out to be a bridge too far...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:11 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

…..Konami laid down in Life Force; it's soundtrack is top 10 on the console front to back...

Dragon spirit has a soundtrack second to none.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:29 AM, Tulpa said:

Follin always struck me like those guitar shredders. Cram as many notes as possible into a song.

Stage 4 is the best music. Change my mind.

Ya the follin brothers are really good. But your right when I listen I’m like cot dang I can’t even follow you dude. 

On 7/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

The problem is that you're then encouraging limited point scumming to get to the exact number of points you need for whatever magic number everyone's shooting for, and the idea is supposed to be to eliminate point scumming, not encourage a predetermined amount... 🤷‍♂️

Ya your right it wouldn’t work anyway. You could just get close to the end and press until you were close to the point mark….lol