IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong!

BeaIank

Member · Posted
Just now, PII said:

Honestly, I'm really not sure.  I know about the spinach and the bucket, but I also remember being told that you could get into a direct no spinach, albeit very dangerous, punching bout with him and maybe it was just in the arcade version that it was like that.  I don't think I've ever actually played the arcade machine though.  Anyway that just popped into my head so I thought I'd throw it out there..

Sounds like a typical playground rumor unless some machines were romhacks where you could fight Bluto.

Member · Posted
8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Sounds like a typical playground rumor unless some machines were romhacks where you could fight Bluto.

Could be.  I was a kid when I heard that one.  Have always wondered...

Member · Posted

Didnt get many games late last week and was out of town all weekend. Got a couple runs in tonight. Lost my last life right before I could start barrel jumping on loop 5 stage 1. Should have cleared 200k easy but shot myself in the foot. Sad it was a tough week to find time because I really enjoy this one. Glad it was back on the schedule this year. Congrats @Bearcat-Dougon another DK victory!

• Like 1

Member · Posted
20 minutes ago, PII said:

Way to put the Sage into this one @Bearcat-Doug

34 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Didnt get many games late last week and was out of town all weekend. Got a couple runs in tonight. Lost my last life right before I could start barrel jumping on loop 5 stage 1. Should have cleared 200k easy but shot myself in the foot. Sad it was a tough week to find time because I really enjoy this one. Glad it was back on the schedule this year. Congrats @Bearcat-Dougon another DK victory!

I'm glad I was able to get another win. I figured somebody might come in at the end with a strong score. Great job everybody!

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned