IGNORED

Best way to ship boxed games?

kapitank00

14 minutes ago, kapitank00 said:

I have some boxed games I might try sellingĀ in the futureĀ (specifically late Genesis/32X style cardstock). Was wondering what the best method would beĀ for shipping boxed retro games? Don't have much experience myself so input from experienced collector's would be neat šŸ™‚

For boxed games I ship in a hard acrylic case if I have one. Not the flimsy plastic foldable cases.Ā Wrap that in bubble, no tape around the bubblewrap, or maybe one small piece at the end,Ā and put it in a box,Ā fill the dead space with more bubble wrap or some packing material.Ā Make sure to put in enough bubble/packing material that nothing shifts in shipping. I like my shipping boxes to bulge from packing material. Iā€™ve had a ton of games damaged from a seller shipping in a box with dead space. It really grinds my gears.

If you donā€™t have an acrylic case, wrap the gameĀ in toilet paper first, then bubbleĀ wrap. Put the wrapped game in a box. Put that box in a larger box filled with bubble wrap/packing material. Again, donā€™t tape the bubbleĀ wrap or tp around the game.Ā You can do more damage trying to get a box out of uber tapedĀ bubble wrapĀ than the shipping journey itself.Ā Ā 

As far as shipping method I always do USPS Priority if youā€™re in the states. And if itā€™s a valuable game add insurance. No exceptions unless I get it in writing. If itā€™s really valuable I have recorded myself packing and mailing the game. It may seem a little tin foil hat but itā€™s added insurance should anything happen.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2