11 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• Mario Strikers
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Mario Party Superstars
    • Jackbox
    • Among Us!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2022 at 03:06 PM

Events Helper · Posted

Yeah, it would be nice if we could play something different (even if it's only sort of different) instead of Mario Kart, Jackbox, and Among Us for the millionth time. Or fit in two games instead of just one (which is probably what we should be doing more often).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Yeah, it would be nice if we could play something different (even if it's only sort of different) instead of Mario Kart, Jackbox, and Among Us for the millionth time. Or fit in two games instead of just one (which is probably what we should be doing more often).

Halo night was OP

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

and Among Us

I mean, to be fair, when is the last time we've actually played Among Us? I know at least for me it's been a very long time, and it feels like it's been quite a long while since that won the vote.

Plus I've currently got a broken right hand (well, broken pinky) so playing a game like that will be much easier than pretty much anything else, since it doesn't require much interaction from your right hand, it's mostly movement which is usually done with your left hand.

Edited by ZeldaFreak

39 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I mean, to be fair, when is the last time we've actually played Among Us? I know at least for me it's been a very long time, and it feels like it's been quite a long while since that won the vote.

That may be true, but we haven't played Mario Party Superstars on a game night at all yet and some of us have had that game in our collections for a while now. 

Also, there are plenty of other games that we could be playing that haven't even been included on the polls yet. Last year, on a Mario Kart game night, Mega Tank suggested Splatoon 2. We haven't played it on a game night yet. I suggested Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch last year and Super Mario Maker 2 a few months ago, but they have yet to make an appearance on the polls. fox mentioned he wanted to play Super Mario 3D World online last year with whoever was interested, which is another idea for a future game night.

image.jpeg.a475f75c6cdace7a23d26d292abd4b43.jpeg

image.jpeg.a07ca9567de742b0f4f5514e5e3871a2.jpeg

image.jpeg.605243cad5b47dd511f8d65a573b4392.jpeg

image.jpeg.eabee7830d44a93e6f3c7a8a84f6c968.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

That may be true, but we haven't played Mario Party Superstars on a game night at all yet and some of us have had that game in our collections for a while now. 

Also, there are plenty of other games that we could be playing that haven't even been included on the polls yet. Last year, on a Mario Kart game night, Mega Tank suggested Splatoon 2. We haven't played it on a game night yet. I suggested Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch last year and Super Mario Maker 2 a few months ago, but they have yet to make an appearance on the polls. fox mentioned he wanted to play Super Mario 3D World online last year with whoever was interested, which is another idea for a future game night.

I forget things, I never figured out how to get that megaman game server up either tbh.  I'm not great with things like that.  some of these games people don't have tho. I know everyone had mario Kart.  I am fully open to other games, I really am, I would love to try a new game every time if I'm honest, but I know some people can't pc like me or whatever.  idk, it's a fine line for sure, not sure how to combat it besides just eliminate certain games, but lots of people like them honestly.  I will put all new games on next time.....

Events Helper · Posted
35 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Duck Game!

...except my mother in law will be here 😩

it has been on the poll, but nooooooo.......body wanted to play!  pretty sure I bought it on sale for switch or for pc not sure, also move or die......that was on sale and suggested lol.  I talked to @spacepup the other day, it's like people don't like ew games 😆

45 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

@Jeevan How about fitting two games in one night? We've done that before, we should be able to do that again. That way, we can play something old and something new.

we can for sure do that.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:
47 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Duck Game!

...except my mother in law will be here 😩

it has been on the poll, but nooooooo.......body wanted to play

That's too bad, considering it's better than every other game you've played

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, G-type said:

I just bought Friday the 13th for the switch. It's on sale for 4.99 (75% off). It's got a 1v7 online mode. Get this and we can add it to our rotation.

Have you played it at all? It was super fun when it was new on PC but I dunno if it's still fun. I was under the impression the game was abandoned due to legal issues, though it's still up for sale on PSN and servers are still up so what do I know?

13 hours ago, Gloves said:

Have you played it at all? It was super fun when it was new on PC but I dunno if it's still fun. I was under the impression the game was abandoned due to legal issues, though it's still up for sale on PSN and servers are still up so what do I know?

I haven't played it. I watched a review from RGT85 and he gave it good review and said the online part worked well. I'm a F13 fan who recently watched the entire series, so for 4.99 I'm willing to take the gamble. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
56 minutes ago, G-type said:

I haven't played it. I watched a review from RGT85 and he gave it good review and said the online part worked well. I'm a F13 fan who recently watched the entire series, so for 4.99 I'm willing to take the gamble. 

Fair enough! I'm hopeful it's still good despite the things I heard; my wife and I had a lot of fun playing together back when it first came out, until it became full of hackers.

Events Helper · Posted
38 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Sigh...

I think I'm done with these game nights.

i mean, if u really want, but @spacepup and myself have come up with a new format.  We were thinking that we could do fan favorites 1 time and then all new games next time.  I get your frustration, but quitting really isn't the way to express your concerns.  I don't know what else you might think, but that is something that we can incorporate.  Sorry if you feel I haven't been doing a good enough job as it is hard to balance games people will play and then ones that just no votes get.  If you change your mind, feel free to show up and I guess if not, then I did have fun playing with you.

Administrator · Posted

@MegaMan52 It is your choice of course, so I'm not going to harass you about your choice.  But, I'll echo Jeevan's comments in that, even before you said this, we had a long conversation about the structure of game nights and incorporating changes to make sure we play new games at least every other game night.  We feel this would help bring the unplayed ones into the rotation periodically.  

A few others have mentioned not playing certain games, or PC games, etc., so we are going to gather the feedback suggestions and include only games that have not yet been played, on every other game night.  

We had a discussion about this last night with the people who attended game night, and people were generally pretty favorable of it, so we'll try this out and hopefully that will help include more variety of games for people!

If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to share.  We want these events to be fun and inclusive, and certainly don't want to alienate anyone or not include games they might enjoy.  We're working on this and hope to have some positive changes coming soon!

Thanks to everyone for bearing with us as we work out the game nights - we're very flexible and we do appreciate the feedback and concerns.

@Jeevan and @spacepup 

Some people have complained about me wanting to keep playing Mario Kart over and over. And I was actually getting somewhat tired of playing it earlier this year, anyway. So, I was open to playing some different games on game nights. I played Jackbox and Among Us a few times last year, and they just didn't appeal to me. At least I gave those games a chance. So, I've suggested a few games such as Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, River City Melee Mach, Super Mario Maker 2, and Mario Party Superstars. I remember Mega Tank suggested Splatoon 2 last year, and fox mentioned Super Mario 3D World. Most of these games have yet to make an appearance on the polls. River City Melee Mach was chosen once last winter, but I didn't get a chance to play it then (and that was before I suggested it).

And so here we are with another poll featuring mostly familiar games we've played many times in the last year or two. I was hoping we could play Mario Party Superstars since it is the only new (or somewhat new) game on the poll aside from Strikers (which I don't have yet) and some of us have had it in our collections for a while now.. I thought I made some good points about fitting in two games in one night so we can play something old and something new, but apparently some people chose to ignore me and vote Jackbox and Among Us at the last minute. More of the same.

The two of you have already mentioned several months ago that you were going to make some changes. OK, great. So some changes were made. Most of the games I suggested still didn't appear on the polls, and neither did Mega Tank or fox's suggestions from last year. River City Melee Mach did appear on the poll again earlier this year, but apparently no one wanted to play it and it basically became the new Codenames. I've waited patiently for some of these games to finally be considered, only to be disappointed that the games that win are the ones we've played numerous times or PC games that I can't play because my Computer can't run them.

So, what I get from this are the following things:

1.Me choosing Mario Kart in the last year or two is a problem, but people choosing Jackbox and Among Us over and over is just fine

2.Me being open to play other games and being patient doesn't matter, because apparently no one or very few people want to play what I want to play 

3.I know I can't please everyone and don't expect to, but I guess I also can't please anyone

Anyway, it's been fun. But I've had enough. I've had some serious stress issues in real life that have occasionally raised my blood pressure to stage 2 hypertension (even with medication), and I don't need any extra stress here on VGS. My time on VGS is suppose to calm me down and help me relax. I'll still hang out on here as I have been since 2019, but I'm officially done with the game nights.

Edited by MegaMan52

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

@Jeevan and @spacepup 

Some people have complained about me wanting to keep playing Mario Kart over and over. And I was actually getting somewhat tired of playing it earlier this year, anyway. So, I was open to playing some different games on game nights. I played Jackbox and Among Us a few times last year, and they just didn't appeal to me. At least I gave those games a chance. So, I've suggested a few games such as Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, River City Melee Mach, Super Mario Maker 2, and Mario Party Superstars. I remember Mega Tank suggested Splatoon 2 last year, and fox mentioned Super Mario 3D World. Most of these games have yet to make an appearance on the polls. River City Melee Mach was chosen once last winter, but I didn't get a chance to play it then (and that was before I suggested it).

And so here we are with another poll featuring mostly familiar games we've played many times in the last year or two. I was hoping we could play Mario Party Superstars since it is the only new (or somewhat new) game on the poll aside from Strikers (which I don't have yet) and some of us have had it in our collections for a while now.. I thought I made some good points about fitting in two games in one night so we can play something old and something new, but apparently some people chose to ignore me and vote Jackbox and Among Us at the last minute. More of the same.

The two of you have already mentioned several months ago that you were going to make some changes. OK, great. So some changes were made. Most of the games I suggested still didn't appear on the polls, and neither did Mega Tank or fox's suggestions from last year. River City Melee Mach did appear on the poll again earlier this year, but apparently no one wanted to play it and it basically became the new Codenames. I've waited patiently for some of these games to finally be considered, only to be disappointed that the games that win are the ones we've played numerous times or PC games that I can't play because my Computer can't run them.

So, what I get from this are the following things:

1.Me choosing Mario Kart in the last year or two is a problem, but people choosing Jackbox and Among Us over and over is just fine

2.Me being open to play other games and being patient doesn't matter, because apparently no one or very few people want to play what I want to play 

3.I know I can't please everyone and don't expect to, but I guess I also can't please anyone

Anyway, it's been fun. But I've had enough. I've had some serious stress issues in real life that have occasionally raised my blood pressure to stage 2 hypertension (even with medication), and I don't need any extra stress here on VGS. My time on VGS is suppose to calm me down and help me relax. I'll still hang out on here as I have been since 2019, but I'm officially done with the game nights.

This is all fair criticism, and i appreciate it.  I hope you get better physically and are able to find a balance in your life so you don't have it cut short.  

I have learned i can't please everyone, and i am human as well so i know i forget things from time to time.  I do try to please everyone, and i do know that sometimes I do forget some things, and it is fair that you have brought this up.

Regardless, you are free to join anytime you want/can, and i hope you know that.  If you want i will keep you on or take you off the ping, just let me know either way.  It has been a pleasure meeting you for sure.  

• Thanks 1

I don’t mean to continue this line or instigate but I do feel that Jack Box and Among Us are always choices even though new games are supposed to be rotated in and out. 

The crux of that are Jack Box and Among Us are the most requested by the people who actually attend game night on a regular basis so I’m not actually complaining but do want to mention that when cool shit gets put up as an option I generally try and come out. It’s also hard because not everyone can run out and afford to buy a game to play once so I understand the dilemma. 

Nothing is perfect and we can only do what we can do. With that said I hereby decree that Splatoon 3 will be the only option for 2 months after release. 

Edited by a3quit4s

• The topic was locked