IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon 3!

BeaIank

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Okay, I beat the game. Only 145 points, I'm just happy to be done with it.

Nice! Figured youd get that one done. Im going to take one more try when kids get down, but its doubtful I figure out that boss in one or 2 shots. 

I did, however, break 40 on the 9 I played this afternoon. Def a score worth posting there. 20220710_175920.jpg.88087ddec516883fb581135db5fac629.jpg

• Like 1

My hands got stung by hornets today, including the back of my attack thumb.  Shit, there is a reason it's called a sting.  I fully intend to get a couple more runs in here regardless, but now's yer chance boys!  There's blood in the water!!  FOIGHT!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PII said:

@NESfiend Looks like you're a better golfer than I am.  Nice Score.

Probably not or not by as much as you would think. Thats an absurdly good round for me on my home turf.  Im pretty much a bogey golfer at this point. Break 90 on easy courses, usually a couple over it at something new and challenging. Two rounds I played on vacation were 93s. Tough courses though and I had to play barefoot. 

Shamelessly letting my son stay up to ensure one more run gets in. Heres to hoping. 

• Like 1

Just now, PII said:

How, come?

First round I didnt bring socks. Couldnt wear shoes no socks because I had to go straight to dinner and it was hot. Beat my brother in law and told him I wouldn't need shoes for the second round either. And I beat him again. 

Its actually a really nice feel. Try it for a round you dont mind being a few strokes over your usual. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

First round I didnt bring socks. Couldnt wear shoes no socks because I had to go straight to dinner and it was hot. Beat my brother in law and told him I wouldn't need shoes for the second round either. And I beat him again. 

Its actually a really nice feel. Try it for a round you dont mind being a few strokes over your usual. 

I sorta do already, in toe-shoes.  I suppose I'd do better with some cleats but I really like wearing toe-shoes.

Just now, PII said:

I sorta do already, in toe-shoes.  I suppose I'd do better with some cleats but I really like wearing toe-shoes.

Youd shave some strokes off even with tennis shoes. The big thing is sinking in to the tee box, especially a nice one. Feels like going from driving an SUV to a sedan. Shortening the frame like that took off distance for me and made it harder to control. Irons were generally fine and chips and putts were the same. The greens feel nice on bare feet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PII said:

¡Wow!  We currently have a 4-way tie going for 2nd Place!

Well it's now a 4-way tie for third place, or I should say it would be a 4-way tie for third, but since I'm the only one to put up my tie-breaking subscreen points, Third Place is all mine!   😛

Also, as a side note, I've got the entire game pretty much nailed down, and got to Marian four consecutive times with no trouble, and she destroyed me each and every time.  I even watched a youtube video, but it didn't help... she is one mean bitch!

36 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well it's now a 4-way tie for third place, or I should say it would be a 4-way tie for third, but since I'm the only one to put up my tie-breaking subscreen points, Third Place is all mine!   😛

Also, as a side note, I've got the entire game pretty much nailed down, and got to Marian four consecutive times with no trouble, and she destroyed me each and every time.  I even watched a youtube video, but it didn't help... she is one mean bitch!

Nice going!  Way to fight with the strongest muscle of all.

Yeah, whether you love it or hate it, it is my firm opinion that the battle with Noiram is one of the Ultimate NES defining moments.  Right up there with the Reaper in Castlevania..

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Unfortunately the tiebreaker might only apply when beating the game. Will be interesting to see what the judges decide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Unfortunately the tiebreaker might only apply when beating the game. Will be interesting to see what the judges decide.

I think thats pretty clear as the rules state as much and everyone who doesnt clear it ends up with zero points. I thought he was probably kidding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

What's the point of a tie-breaker if it's not going to be used to break a tie?  That's literally it's purpose... literally!  That being said, it does say in her rules that it will be used explicitly for beating the game, but it seems kind of silly to go out of your way to make a tie-breaker rule, and then have a four way tie for one of the placings in your contest. 🤷‍♂️

But whatever, the worst I can do is third... 😛

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned