IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Flappy

BeaIank

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I hope you're kidding, but even if you're not, you've got DD3 up this week so you should be able to mop the floor with us on that one...

I'm actually not. I can't figure out how to get all the boulders over without getting squashed. I know I'm missing something simple but I don't know what. I don't want to look it up either.

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm actually not. I can't figure out how to get all the boulders over without getting squashed. I know I'm missing something simple but I don't know what. I don't want to look it up either.

Well this game has like 200 levels, so maybe put it on your "if I'm ever stuck on a desert island for twenty years with nothing but a TV and NES" list...   😛

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well this game has like 200 levels, so maybe put it on your "if I'm ever stuck on a desert island for twenty years with nothing but a TV and NES" list...   😛

Is there a mechanic I'm missing? I can't push a boulder out from underneath another boulder without getting squashed and I'm not seeing any other way to get the boulder over.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Is there a mechanic I'm missing? I can't push a boulder out from underneath another boulder without getting squashed and I'm not seeing any other way to get the boulder over.

There's no reason for boulders to be on top of each other on level two.  Get the darts, go to the bottom and shoot the enemy to put him to sleep, then push him to the right till he's in position to get squished, then push the bottom right boulder on his head, then destroy all other boulders on the level and push the blue on all the way to the bottom right...

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

There's no reason for boulders to be on top of each other on level two.  Get the darts, go to the bottom and shoot the enemy to put him to sleep, then push him to the right till he's in position to get squished, then push the bottom right boulder on his head, then destroy all other boulders on the level and push the blue on all the way to the bottom right...

Wait. I thought I had to fill the pits on the bottom with all the boulders to get the blue boulder across.

Just now, mbd39 said:

Wait. I thought I had to fill the pits on the bottom with all the boulders to get the blue boulder across.

No, you have to think about the easiest way to solve each puzzle.  A lot of the later levels have massive red herrings like that, but many of them can be beaten in seconds if you just think outside the box.  Follow my directions and you'll understand... 🙂

• The topic was unpinned