IGNORED

Pac-Man Museum+

MiamiSlice

Figured I would kick this off. Popped this in over the weekend and played through almost every game on the compilation. It's a nice package, just having games like Pac N Roll Remix, Pac Man 256, etc. is worth it. Most of the games on here are excellent. So let's just skip to the gripes. 

1. Why no Pac Man Pinball Advance? Of all the things to not include... why???

2. Pac Land is... not good. Well, it was bearable, and then I got to this part where I just couldn't make a certain jump and I lost my patience for it. 

3. Pac In Time is... horrible. What a bad game. It's so disappointing. It looks amazing and plays like total garbage. What a frustrating horrible thing. I seriously wonder how this game went out the door being so terrible. 

Anyway, what do you all think? 

I think it's pretty good, and I'm glad it got a physical release in the U.S. and Canada. Nice to finally be able to play Pac & Pal, and it's nice that the Arcade version of Pac-Land is available on a Nintendo system now (also released as part of the Arcade Archives series). I've had the Famicom version in my collection for years. Pretty cool that it has Pac-Man 256 and Pac-Man Battle Royale even though they're still kind of modern(ish).

I agree that Pac in Time is not that great (I like Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures more), but still happy they included it. Kind of interesting that it's the Japanese version.

It has both versions of Pac-Man Arrangement (Arcade and PSP). For years I've been playing the former in Namco Museum for GameCube, and sometimes in Pac-Man Collection for Game Boy Advance. Which are reasonably good conversions, but unfortunately they have higher-pitched audio and the GBA version doesn't save scores and is single player only. The GameCube version can be played with two players and does save scores, but it is missing the sound effects on the score screen and it doesn't play the demos. So it's nice that a near Arcade perfect conversion is included in Pac-Man Museum +. The overall quality of compilations has definitely gotten better in recent times. But I wonder if Bandai Namco is going to re-release Rally-X Arrangement and Mappy Arrangement.

I've also customized the Arcade a little bit.

image.jpeg.f55db24b7ea3232236dcc5294fc62720.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

Pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the room method of game selection, but whatever. I'm interested in some of the games I've never played, as well as the originals. (Pacman and Ms.) What really sells me on this is Battle Royale. That's a great game and I'm glad there's a home version.