IGNORED

What Games Do You Give A 10/10?

I'll stick to NES only, although that's a much longer list than any other system:

Castlevania

Castlevania III

Contra

Super C

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

DuckTales

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 3

The Battle of Olympus

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden II

Dr. Mario

I'm pretty picky with the 10s though. Most systems have either zero or one 10/10 game, for example Playstation with Symphony of the Night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nrslam said:

Me too. Well, maybe 10,10,9 as I find less replay joy in 3.

It's funny you view it that way because 3 is my favorite and one I'd give 10/10. I played the hell out of it, including tons of fun getting the best times in the multiplayer challenges (one of the few games I ever considered DLC for). Hoping for a sequel at some point - it was a long time between 2 and 3.

Events Team · Posted

Mega Man 2 and 3.  

MM2 is a perfect pick up and play sub 60 min game.  I know the Metal Blades are a cheap spam weapon but seriously the most fun weapon of the entire series and ranks among the best video game weapons of all time.  

MM3 is a masterpiece.  Improved upon the perfection of MM2 with the added slide and four remixed robot master levels.  I prefer 2 over 3 but 3 is a more complete experience.  Only complaint really is the Shadow Blade nerfed version of the Metal Blade.

• Like 1

Some stuff that I don't think was posted yet. Just ignoring any Nintendo games cause there's a lot.

Burnout 3: Takedown
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Disgaea
Divinity: Original Sin II
Grand Theft Auto 3
H.E.R.O.
Half-Life 2
Kaboom!
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Minecraft
Neverwinter Nights
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
OutRun
OutRun 2
Path of Exile
Quake
Robotron 2084
Snatcher
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Street Fighter II
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004

Moderator · Posted

Super Mario Bros 3

RBI Baseball

Super Mario World

Chrono Trigger

Mortal Kombat 2

Sonic 2

NHL 96

ToeJam and Earl

Mario Kart 64

Tony Hawk 3

Grand Theft Auto 3

ESPN NFL 2K5

Fallout 3

Bioshock

Batman Arkham City

Grand Theft Auto V

Super Mario Odyssey

Terminator 2 Pinball

SMB

SMB2

SMB3

Super Mario World

Mario Kart 64

Stardew Valley

Everblue 2

Gran Turismo 3

Azure Dreams

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

LoZ: OOT

Diablo II

Pokemon Yellow

LoZ: LTTP

Gain Ground

Goldeneye 007

Metal Gear Solid

Super Mario RPG

NBA Showtime

World Series Baseball '98

Mega Man Legends

Mega Man X

Wolfenstein 

The New Tetris

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Jackass

Bully

GTA III

WCW vs. NWO Revenge

1 hour ago, The Count said:

SMB

SMB2

SMB3

Super Mario World

Mario Kart 64

Stardew Valley

Everblue 2

Gran Turismo 3

Azure Dreams

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

LoZ: OOT

Diablo II

Pokemon Yellow

LoZ: LTTP

Gain Ground

Goldeneye 007

Metal Gear Solid

Super Mario RPG

NBA Showtime

World Series Baseball '98

Mega Man Legends

Mega Man X

Wolfenstein 

The New Tetris

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Jackass

Bully

GTA III

WCW vs. NWO Revenge

Well shoot now I need to pop in azure dreams. What’s the difference between the GBC and PS1 versions? I only have it on GBC

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Makar said:

Well shoot now I need to pop in azure dreams. What’s the difference between the GBC and PS1 versions? I only have it on GBC

I can't recall if I've played the GBC version, but I sank too many hours in the PSX version. Enjoy the better hardware capabilities and screen size. So many different eggs to find and raise and different mates to woo and home upgrades. Way ahead of its time in that regard.  I should make another run now that I think of it.

Events Team · Posted

Earth Defense Force 2017.  I could probably give the whole series 10s save a couple entries.  It's all the same, really. 

Splitscreen local coop.

100% destructible environments

Blast hoards of giant bugs, spiders, robots, space ships, etc. with an arsenal so big, Schwarzenegger would blush.

EDF has it all.

giphy.gif

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2

I tend to be a huge sourpuss when I play games for the first time, and little annoying things can bother me way more than they should. Even games I have a good time with tend to spawn foul write ups from me when I first beat them. Something about a blind playthrough makes me anxious, and it makes me react unreasonably poorly to bad segments.

I mention all this because the only game I played that was pure bliss from start to finish was "Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure" for Game Boy Color.

It's exactly the kind of game I wish there was way more of, as it's like a completely inoffensive, yet genuinely well written and illustrated children's book. It's also full of spectacular music that soothes the soul, and it sounds so genuine coming from the Game Boy chiming its little heart out.

If I were ever to be in the care of a child, Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 is the first video game I would introduce to them. I'd hope that I could sway their tastes in a positive direction by doing so. 🥲

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

I tend to be a huge sourpuss when I play games for the first time, and little annoying things can bother me way more than they should. Even games I have a good time with tend to spawn foul write ups from me when I first beat them. Something about a blind playthrough makes me anxious, and it makes me react unreasonably poorly to bad segments.

I mention all this because the only game I played that was pure bliss from start to finish was "Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure" for Game Boy Color.

It's exactly the kind of game I wish there was way more of, as it's like a completely inoffensive, yet genuinely well written and illustrated children's book. It's also full of spectacular music that soothes the soul, and it sounds so genuine coming from the Game Boy chiming its little heart out.

If I were ever to be in the care of a child, Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 is the first video game I would introduce to them. I'd hope that I could sway their tastes in a positive direction by doing so. 🥲

That’s one of my favorite games too. I often tell people dragon warrior monsters is better than Pokémon and they always act like I’m insane. 

14 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Interesting.  I've had this game for nearly 20 years and was contemplating it for the backlog challenge since I've never played it.

Try it out! There are so very few games like it, outside of the series. I enjoyed trying to find all of the items and discovering each wreck. 

10 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Earth Defense Force 2017.  I could probably give the whole series 10s save a couple entries.  It's all the same, really. 

Splitscreen local coop.

Blast hoards of giant bugs, spiders, robots, space ships, etc. with an arsenal so big, Schwarzenegger would blush.

EDF has it all.

giphy.gif

This game is so much better than Mega Man 3

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Splitscreen local coop.

EDF has it all.

giphy.gif

This is now on my list of games to play because blowing up bugs is awesome. 

image.gif.f76f516ef5c406889b42bc6612b32efb.gif

• Agree 1