IGNORED

Now why in the heck would anyone do a dumb thing like this?

23 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

the fact that they grade this shows what they really think of all their customers and the hobby. keep digging to the centre of the earth guys.

Do you think it's fair business practice to accept "high price" games and up-charge based on market value, but then reject other submissions because they don't meet an arbitrary price threshold?

1 hour ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

i think all graders and their customers have created a monster that feeds and shits back on the hobby, that's what i think. 😉

and tbh i can't blame you. lol

34 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

People just LOVE wasting money and time, even just for a smidge of attention.  Again I would like the definition of what makes a 1 vs. a 2.  

well for starters, 1 is half of 2. so jot that one down. 😛

5 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

the fact that they grade this shows what they really think of all their customers and the hobby. keep digging to the centre of the earth guys.

Spot on.  I have a 1 out of 10 copy of of John Elway's Quarterback that I've thought about sending in to get slabbed, but it never went beyond a joke in my head because I assumed WATA would never stoop so low.  Apparently they would.  If someone wants to send in a game as a joke, they're happy to be in on the joke.  Shows you what they think of us.

59 minutes ago, wyansas said:

Spot on.  I have a 1 out of 10 copy of of John Elway's Quarterback that I've thought about sending in to get slabbed, but it never went beyond a joke in my head because I assumed WATA would never stoop so low.  Apparently they would.  If someone wants to send in a game as a joke, they're happy to be in on the joke.  Shows you what they think of us.

WATA grading process:

1. Bank customer's money.

2. Use dartboard to pick grade. 

3. Hold on to game for 18 months.

4. Roughly shove graded game into filthy, cheap acrylic case.

6. Get sued.

As you can see there is nothing in the grading process that would prevent the grading of pretty much anything you want, as long as it fits inside one of their shitty bulk Chinese manufactured cases. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Click the 1 and 2 on the side scale to see examples of each grade.

https://www.watagames.com/what-we-do/wata-scale

They show it, but don't say it.  Its all a money making scam to validate people spending thousands on this stuff.  I mean, I did, but that was for me, not so other people can tell me I did the right thing.

WATA should grade games that are a 1. Simply because grading companies should be expected to determine the autheticity of the game, and some games will be very rare/valuable and also damaged. Having it graded then will in serious grading companies be labeled something like "Authentic - damaged" and simply no points if its too bad, but might get a 1-2 depending.

32 minutes ago, 360collector said:

WATA should grade games that are a 1. Simply because grading companies should be expected to determine the autheticity of the game, and some games will be very rare/valuable and also damaged. Having it graded then will in serious grading companies be labeled something like "Authentic - damaged" and simply no points if its too bad, but might get a 1-2 depending.

No, grading companies should grade games. Atleast from my understanding of the English language, grade =/= authenticate.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

No, grading companies should grade games. Atleast from my understanding of the English language, grade =/= authenticate.

wow thats crazy. Your saying wata should knowingly grade and slab counterfeit products. I dont see why video game grading should be treated different than all other decades long established grading standards. Coming from coin collecting buying slabbed coins is a great comfort because actual experts have looked at it and determined its authenticity and grade. Grading is still subjective though, even though with todays technology there is no reason for it to be.