IGNORED

I Started A YouTube Account!

Code Monkey

I'm a big car guy as well, and while I enjoy Doug DeMuro, I only watch his channel on occasion.  The only car channel that I watch 100% is Hoovies Garage.  I enjoy his channel because his car tastes are extremely similar to mine (we are about the same age which makes sense).  I also enjoy seeing him buy cars that need a lot of work and getting them back to driving condition since I have more interest in that myself.  

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm a big car guy as well, and while I enjoy Doug DeMuro, I only watch his channel on occasion.  The only car channel that I watch 100% is Hoovies Garage.  I enjoy his channel because his car tastes are extremely similar to mine (we are about the same age which makes sense).  I also enjoy seeing him buy cars that need a lot of work and getting them back to driving condition since I have more interest in that myself.  

You're probably well aware but it sounds like you'd like Tavarish as well. I actually emailed Doug to review my Porsche 981 but didn't get much of a response. Then I watched him more and realised it was small potatoes for him.

I subscribe to Manny Khoshbin, Doug Demuro, Shmee150, Stradman and Jay Leno's Garage. I'm considering VinWiki as well.

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You're probably well aware but it sounds like you'd like Tavarish as well. I actually emailed Doug to review my Porsche 981 but didn't get much of a response. Then I watched him more and realised it was small potatoes for him.

I subscribe to Manny Khoshbin, Doug Demuro, Shmee150, Stradman and Jay Leno's Garage. I'm considering VinWiki as well.

I've seen some of Tavarish's stuff, usually when Hoovie is involved.  But at the end of the day, I only have so much time to watch videos, so I tend to pick one channel and stick with it, and only watch the other channels on occasion.  I'm familiar with most of what you listed, but only watch them if they are talking about a specific car I have interest in.

When it comes to video games, like Hoovie's Garage, the only channel I watch 100% is Game Sack.  All other channels I just watch from time to time when they talk about certain subjects.  

• 3 weeks later...

Latest video. I've been trying to purchase this game from a collector on the east coast for years and hadn't been able to convince him to sell until earlier this year. We finally agreed on a price, I wired him the money and last week I finally got time to fly out and pick it up.

Side note, I've never been to Boston but it's an amazing city, I really liked it!

Once again, I still have no idea what I'm doing with YouTube so all criticism welcome.

• Like 1

Cool pick up, but did you do your homework to make sure this is authentic?  Rockman 2 was developed in Japan, so any "Mega Man 2" proto with "differences" will pertain entirely to the English Text in the US release of the game.  Also, I've owned Capcom protos before and they were labeled on the shell; I've posted a sample below of a 1943 proto that I used to own that I sold to DreamTR.   Now, I'm not saying this isn't legit or anything, just that you have to be extra cautious these days when everyone and his dog can buy a cheap EPROM burner and hack his own ROMS...

Anyway, hope everything turns out awesome as I can see that you're pretty excited 🙂

1943 Demo Sold to DreamTR in Fall'08.jpg

I'm with @Dr. Morbis that the cart looks a bit sus.  While there could be small changes to the ROM aside from language, the fact that they put "proto" on the label just doesn't sit well with me.  I assume you did your due diligence with regard to the seller of course, but that's a worry that stands out to me.  It's quite possible that the label was added at a later date though, rather than being from the studio...I just can't recall ever seeing a legit prototype that actually said prototype on the cart.

9 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm fairly certain this cart is well documented.  Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this proto one of the Nolan's?  @MrMark0673  @BeaglePuss

100_0271.jpg

100_0270.jpg

I've never paid too much attention to the proto scene, but that's good to hear if this proto is known legit.  The label that someone put on the cart in recent times is absolutely cringe-worthy though... 😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this topic, went to your channel and watched all of your videos over the last couple days. I don't have a lot of negative feedback really, I think the scripts are good and the topics are interesting, love your collection and it displays really well.

If you hadn't said something in here I would have absolutely no idea that you were affected in the slightest by autism, you come across on camera as having an above-average CHR score.

Keep it up, I'm sure I'll continue to watch your videos.

Events Team · Posted
On 9/21/2022 at 10:34 PM, Code Monkey said:

New video! I talk about the debacle release of Let's Sing 2016 for Wii and how it contains full motion nudity which is why it got recalled before it hit store shelves. Enjoy and as always, I welcome criticism of any kind, tell me it's great or tell me it sucks.

Ha! Very interesting.  Reminds me of the Guy Game.  It had an accidental underage topless girl (17).

4 hours ago, Khromak said:

Just noticed this topic, went to your channel and watched all of your videos over the last couple days. I don't have a lot of negative feedback really, I think the scripts are good and the topics are interesting, love your collection and it displays really well.

If you hadn't said something in here I would have absolutely no idea that you were affected in the slightest by autism, you come across on camera as having an above-average CHR score.

Keep it up, I'm sure I'll continue to watch your videos.

That's really nice, thanks! It's called Masking.

• 11 months later...

New video! I review my local game store.

Some things I learned while doing this pretty ambitious video:

• making videos is hard
  • doing voiceovers is hard
  • making YouTube videos with other customers around watching you is hard

One of the funniest encounters that made it worth it was when I was filming in the corner of the store and this kid about 7 years old came up to me to ask what was the extension I was using with my phone. I told him it's so I could record videos and he said, "You're a YouTuber?" I said, "Uh, ya, I guess so." He asked me how many subscribers I have and I said, "I don't know, 10 or 15 maybe." He kind of scoffed and said, "That's not very many" and he walked away. It was hilsarious.

As always, please leave any feedback you have, no matter how negative it might be. I'm always trying to learn how to create better videos since I really have no idea what I'm doing here. Thanks.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I watched the video and I do have some constructive criticism / feedback for you.

I promise I'm not trying to just put you down or attack, but, the oddly prolonged section toward the beginning where you are highlighting yourself hopping into the Porsche and driving down to the store, feels completely irrelevant to the topic of the video, and more than that, it feels extremely show-boaty to me, to the point that if you weren't a member here and I wasn't trying to view to check it out and provide feedback, I would have stopped right there and not continued with the video.

I would maybe watch a video like this to check out about a store, but I am immediately put off by the very obvious showing off the Porsche.  Maybe other people are into that sort of thing or impressed by it, but I'm more impressed by someone's knowledge about games or collection they've spent a long time acquiring, than how much money they have or the fancy car they are driving.

• Agree 1

Neat store. The only store that I know that has this kind of inventory is building itself up again after being destroyed by a hurricane a year or so ago.

Is there any particular reason why the Atari games are loose on top and boxes on the bottom and then the NES and SNES games are flipped? I enjoy going to stores when out and about, so I'm curious if there is a rhyme or reason to it.

12 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I watched the video and I do have some constructive criticism / feedback for you.

I promise I'm not trying to just put you down or attack, but, the oddly prolonged section toward the beginning where you are highlighting yourself hopping into the Porsche and driving down to the store, feels completely irrelevant to the topic of the video, and more than that, it feels extremely show-boaty to me, to the point that if you weren't a member here and I wasn't trying to view to check it out and provide feedback, I would have stopped right there and not continued with the video.

I would maybe watch a video like this to check out about a store, but I am immediately put off by the very obvious showing off the Porsche.  Maybe other people are into that sort of thing or impressed by it, but I'm more impressed by someone's knowledge about games or collection they've spent a long time acquiring, than how much money they have or the fancy car they are driving.

When I showed it to someone before I published it, I asked if it was too much and they didn't really have input. The absolute only reason it was included is because I subscribe to Mat Armstrong on YouTube and he said he used to publish his BMX videos but one day he showed his car in a video and that video blew up. Then he slowly transitioned to making car videos as that was what got more views so I tried to emulate the same thing.

I've had the car almost 4 years, if I wanted to show it off, I would have done so well before now. But that's great advice, thank you. If the car content doesn't work out the same way it did for Mat, then it won't be in another video. I'm just trying to duplicate anything that worked for other people as long as it's not embarrassing myself. Thanks for pointing that out.

10 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Neat store. The only store that I know that has this kind of inventory is building itself up again after being destroyed by a hurricane a year or so ago.

Is there any particular reason why the Atari games are loose on top and boxes on the bottom and then the NES and SNES games are flipped? I enjoy going to stores when out and about, so I'm curious if there is a rhyme or reason to it.

I never noticed and I never asked. Maybe they're putting up top what sells more, I'm not sure.

9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I never noticed and I never asked. Maybe they're putting up top what sells more, I'm not sure.

Can you find out? I'm genuinely curious. The store seems well organized and the flipping doesn't make any sense. Also, do they have a website and do they ship?

Feel free to add their store and others you know to the VGS database here:  https://www.videogamesage.com/databases/retro-video-game-stores/