IGNORED

I Started A YouTube Account!

Code Monkey

Have you ever wondered what I look like or sound like? Well wonder no more! I have a lot of additions to my collection this year and a lot of collecting information to share with the community so I thought I would create an account to share all of that information. This first video is just to catch viewers' attention but eventually I will be sharing information like:

- prototype collecting

- NES seal variants

- NES Black Box variants

- NES game specific variants

- Atari box variants

- how Wata works

- how VGA works

- how Heritage Auctions works

If you have any suggestions for an idiot figuring out how YouTube works, please post them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Have you ever wondered what I look like or sound like? Well wonder no more! I have a lot of additions to my collection this year and a lot of collecting information to share with the community so I thought I would create an account to share all of that information. This first video is just to catch viewers' attention but eventually I will be sharing information like:

- prototype collecting

- NES seal variants

- NES Black Box variants

- NES game specific variants

- Atari box variants

- how Wata works

- how VGA works

- how Heritage Auctions works

If you have any suggestions for an idiot figuring out how YouTube works, please post them.

good luck, i might watch a bit every once in awhile, but do it for the passion and not for being popular.  That is my advice!  Do it because you want to!  Sounds like that is what you are doing anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

One thing I will say is I'm not surprised at LRG asking you to show proof of destruction. This is not uncommon in high end collectibles, I've seen a number of First 4 Figures statues destroyed, they need to ensure people don't take advantage of otherwise generous replacement services by damaging something in a repairable way and then asking for a replacement claiming it was damaged in shipping. 

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

One thing I will say is I'm not surprised at LRG asking you to show proof of destruction. This is not uncommon in high end collectibles, I've seen a number of First 4 Figures statues destroyed, they need to ensure people don't take advantage of otherwise generous replacement services by damaging something in a repairable way and then asking for a replacement claiming it was damaged in shipping. 

I have this video already created so I'll post it for more information once I'm ready.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

You must not be married if you spent 26K on a single game. My wife makes me sleep in my game room when I spend 2K lol. I will be watching your videos. 

I don't know.   He could be a dentist?

I subbed this morning.  Looking forward to seeing new content from a fellow VGSer!

• Haha 2

On 6/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, Code Monkey said:

Not a bad start. You're not awkward on camera, your monologue flow is good, the sound is decent, you seem amiable.

Best advice I can give is think of the YouTube (or any other) videos in your realm that impressed you, and think about what makes them tick. Don't ape them directly, just learn from them, and find your own way.

Don't make your videos just an information dump. Think of creative ways to get your points across. Creative cuts, text overlay here and there, sources cited, etc. (though don't go overboard, just use it to enhance your content.) Some humor also helps, but don't force it if you're not feeling it.

If you're truly passionate about the subject matter, that'll come across.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Not a bad start. You're not awkward on camera, your monologue flow is good, the sound is decent, you seem amiable.

Best advice I can give is think of the YouTube (or any other) videos in your realm that impressed you, and think about what makes them tick. Don't ape them directly, just learn from them, and find your own way.

Don't make your videos just an information dump. Think of creative ways to get your points across. Creative cuts, text overlay here and there, sources cited, etc. (though don't go overboard, just use it to enhance your content.) Some humor also helps, but don't force it if you're not feeling it.

If you're truly passionate about the subject matter, that'll come across.

This is a super nice compliment. I have autism so I'm incredibly socially awkward but it provides me an idetic memory so I can read a piece of paper just from having looked at it. I actually memorised this whole piece, or the highlights anyway. The sound is better because I bought a $20 USB-C microphone from Amazon and I record the video using my old junker phone and the audio on my new phone with microphone, then I blend them together in Adobe Rush on my tablet. I knew I'd get blasted by viewers if the audio wasn't good.

My favourite YouTube personality is Doug Demuro, I'm a huge car guy and I've seen all of his reviews. He's super funny and weird and my future videos will emulate that. Not intentionally, but just because I'm a similar type of person.

I'm also flying to Boston next week to pick up that expensive game so that whole story will be posted in July.

Thanks!