IGNORED

Super Tilt Bro. Tournament Hosted by VGS!

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Tournament dates:  July22-24 2022!

image.jpeg.74e6ad8df81ac50087c01379a00da618.jpeg

Hey Sages, 

It's been a bit since we had any kind of event on VGS, so why not kick it off with a bang!  We have been chatting with the creator of Super Tilt Bro. and the publisher @Broke Studio about a way to promote his game and tie it into something we could collaborate on!  Lo and behold, a tournament for the ages!  

What is this and why should I care?

What this is:  We at VGS care about the community, and sometimes that means giving back and collaborating with developers.  By that we mean, we care about growing our community and supporting others!  We are looking to get the word out about this game as it shows some very nice potential to be the next Smash bros.......ok maybe not, but its cool that you can play a nes fighter online right?  

Why you should care:  Prizes of course!  

Prizes to be offered:  

We have a plethora of prizes being offered!  @Broke Studio has offered up a CIB copy of Super Tilt Bro. with a gold shell to add to the prize pool for the top 3.  Need this for your homebrew collection?  Then you better be top 3, and first to choose the winning prize!!!!  If not there will be a run of this game, so don't worry if you aren't that great!  

@RogerBidon will be offering a set of 3 plushies of the 3 main characters!  Look at these bad boys!  More pics from Roger if they so choose, i hear they had a photo shoot!  😍

2NSPjWG.jpg

The sage:  First off, we will be offering an equivalent prize of Steam card/Xbox card/Playstation card/Nintendo card of $50 for the top 3 prize pool.  That should round off the prize pool for the top 3 prizes.  Second, whatever we don't do there, we are going to be buying Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation cards for raffle for ALL participants to be included in!  

Rules:

You must be a member of VGS to participate!  Signups will be going from the time of posting until July 9 2022 at 10:00 PM EST!

This will be a bracket tournament with random seeding!  We do not have the means to seed everyone properly, so rng be your friend!  

To signup you must reply in this post.  When we have all the participants signed up, we will get the brackets setup.(I will link a spreadsheet with participants listed so make sure you are on it.  If not pm me!)  It will be a best of 3 matches until the top 3.  When the top 3 are up, it will be a best of 5 matches to determine winners.  

After signups are done, you will get assinged a match and will need to pm me available times that you are willing to be around to participate!  This is worldwide, so we are trying to accomodate as best as possible.

First Place will get first choice of top 3 prizes, second place, second choice and third will get remaining prize.  So, if you don't wanna leave it to chance, GITGUD <--link.

Hopefully you all will have a good time with this and enjoy it while we grow our community.  Also, forgot to mention, we look to find the SAGE in the final release of the game with sprite animations drawn by none other than @CasualCart🤩

So with that, get to practicing scrubs!  Download here:  https://sgadrat.itch.io/super-tilt-bro
There is also a way to join the STB discord on the link above!

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 3

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, ecmyers said:

Oh no! I'm at a wedding the weekend of the 22nd 😭

I'll be playing this anyway and rooting for everyone! I'm so glad this is happening. Hopefully this is just the first of many tournaments.

so u are not signing up?

Events Helper · Posted
42 minutes ago, ecmyers said:

I would, but I have to be available to play during that weekend, right?

if u pm me times, you can figure out a time for a specific date, preferrably on the 22nd as that is the start date of the tournament!  The later into the weekend is if we can't get them all done in the beginning of the tournament, but if we get it all in 1 day, then so be it!

Events Team · Posted

I'll probably pass on this, competitive tournament settings like this just aren't really my thing, especially after Survivor, that completely and utterly burnt me out on competitions like this forever I think, but I'll definitely be looking at how this goes from the sidelines, and there might be a couple people I'll be rooting for depending on who signs up. Good luck to everyone who participates!

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I'll probably pass on this, competitive tournament settings like this just aren't really my thing, especially after Survivor, that completely and utterly burnt me out on competitions like this forever I think, but I'll definitely be looking at how this goes from the sidelines, and there might be a couple people I'll be rooting for depending on who signs up. Good luck to everyone who participates!

i serously thought you would be the VGS "ringer"

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Haha, nah, Survivor was the exception. I'm not normally one to participate in competitions like this, and I'm not a very competitive person in general.

but you have a chance to win regardless and @braven is like second best in the world, why would we not wanna put you in against him 😆

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

but you have a chance to win regardless and @braven is like second best in the world, why would we not wanna put you in against him 😆

Stress, simple as that. Whenever I do participate in stuff like this, it really, really, really stresses me out because I take it more serious than I probably should, haha, and I just really don't want anything to do with that. Probably shaved years off my life with how constantly stressed I was throughout Survivor.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Stress, simple as that. Whenever I do participate in stuff like this, it really, really, really stresses me out because I take it more serious than I probably should, haha, and I just really don't want anything to do with that. Probably shaved years off my life with how constantly stressed I was throughout Survivor.

practice against @braven, if u can beat him, you are a shoe in 🙂 

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

practice against @braven, if u can beat him, you are a shoe in 🙂 

I mean I do appreciate that you want me to participate, but yeah, like I said, gonna have to pass. Don't want the stress, fighting games aren't really my thing, plus I will be the first to admit that I'm usually pretty calm in PvE situations, but in PvP situations I get really fuckin' pissed off very easily, haha. My old severe anger issues I had as a kid really start to come out in PvP, especially in stuff like fighting games, and especially if there's actual stakes.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

if u pm me times, you can figure out a time for a specific date, preferrably on the 22nd as that is the start date of the tournament!  The later into the weekend is if we can't get them all done in the beginning of the tournament, but if we get it all in 1 day, then so be it!

I'm going to be away all three days with slow/unreliable internet 😞

• Sad 1