IGNORED

The Collector's Quest Podcast

DefaultGen

On 4/17/2023 at 8:25 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

Raph is the best. True TMNT fans know. From a video game POV I'd understand why you might not think he's the best. But in the OG comics, the first movie, etc, he rules. Yes he has character flaws like his anger and attitude issues. But yet when it is time to, he always delivers. Plus, Raph busts the most schools of criminal scum with the vigilante Casey Jones. 

I love the turtles as an ensemble, and they compliment each other well. Leo is a great leader, Donnie is awesome in general, and Mikey is a goof but can fucking go in battle (he won some pretty big battles throughout the various iterations of tmnt), but Raph is still the best. 

Raph has the dumbest weapons, and Raph's personality is like throwing Rock every time in rock paper scissors 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

On 4/13/2023 at 12:59 PM, Brickman said:

Side question, when are you doing a so you want to collect GBA? Can’t wait for that one. I don’t collect US stuff but it’s always interesting to hear what’s going on the US side of things vs Japanese for a set.

The GC one was great. It was interesting to hear that the expensive GC games for the US are some of the cheapest and easiest to find for the Japanese set. 

It's on the docket, but we don't have an official timeline. It probably isn't the next one though. GBA is tough because not only because it is a big set but because a lot still isn't known.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnny said:

Raph has the dumbest weapons, and Raph's personality is like throwing Rock every time in rock paper scissors 

Did you even watch the video? Raph used his Sai to break Leo's fuckin' swords in half. But yea I guess it is a dumb weapon compared to.... a wooden stick? Silly. The only weapon that gives the Sai a run for it's money is Mikey's Nunchaku.

Also Raphael's character flaws (inability to control anger/aggression, or him always throwing rock as you put it) are what make him the most interesting ie: best character. I mean if like the Incredible Hulk but don't like Raphael idk what to tell you I guess.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 6:51 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

Did you even watch the video? Raph used his Sai to break Leo's fuckin' swords in half. But yea I guess it is a dumb weapon compared to.... a wooden stick? Silly. The only weapon that gives the Sai a run for it's money is Mikey's Nunchaku.

Also Raphael's character flaws (inability to control anger/aggression, or him always throwing rock as you put it) are what make him the most interesting ie: best character. I mean if like the Incredible Hulk but don't like Raphael idk what to tell you I guess.

I also find the Hulk boring if that helps. it's good we disagree, they clearly made the Turtles to appeal to different types of people. Nothing wrong with rooting for your favorite. attack hit GIF by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Just listened to the scariest Halloween Podcast yesterday - @DefaultGen and @ThePhleo discussing NES variants haha. What about the plug-n-plays!!!???

First time actually hearing Phleo and now I'll have to read all of your posts with that subtle New Jersey accent.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, T-Pac said:

Just listened to the scariest Halloween Podcast yesterday - @DefaultGen and @ThePhleo discussing NES variants haha. What about the plug-n-plays!!!???

First time actually hearing Phleo and now I'll have to read all of your posts with that subtle New Jersey accent.

[T-Pac]

I TRIED SO HARD TO HIDE IT! That was me being my most "neutral" as possiible!

But also, yes, the plug-n-plays are a thing me and Tyler are scared to talk about because they're TECHNICALLY NES-on-a-chip games, but most will NOT work on an actual NES and use their own custom mappers. Ugh...

Graphics Team · Posted
23 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

But also, yes, the plug-n-plays are a thing me and Tyler are scared to talk about because they're TECHNICALLY NES-on-a-chip games, but most will NOT work on an actual NES and use their own custom mappers. Ugh...

Haha well I, for one, wish I had a more distinguishable accent. I've only ever had one person pick up on the fact that I grew up around Chicago based on how I spoke, and I thought that was really neat.

But back to business - is there a way to dump the NES ROMs from those plug-n-plays? I grew up with a Namco one, and it would be a dream-come-true if I could rip the Bosconian ROM from it and archive/emulate that on my multicade.

[T-Pac]

On 11/2/2023 at 1:38 AM, ThePhleo said:

Don’t worry you all sounded American to me 🙂 the only different American accent I can hear is the south because they say y’all all the time.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Graphics Team · Posted

CQ Podcast: "Don't collect posters for concerts you didn't even go to."

Me: "Don't collect carts for competitions you didn't even compete in."

NWC (gray) is the equivalent of some random kid's little-league baseball trophy.
(*runs away as Nintendo fans grab their pitchforks and torches*)

[T-Pac]

• Like 3

4 hours ago, T-Pac said:

CQ Podcast: "Don't collect posters for concerts you didn't even go to."

Me: "Don't collect carts for competitions you didn't even compete in."

NWC (gray) is the equivalent of some random kid's little-league baseball trophy.
(*runs away as Nintendo fans grab their pitchforks and torches*)

[T-Pac]

Simple solution: Don't collect NWC

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished the last episode, lol I knew going in it was almost 4 hours long but your optimism of it being a short episode near the start was kind of hilarious.  

A couple things I figured I'd mention:

Plushes: The Nall plush from Lunar is pretty expensive, normally $500 or more if you can even find one for sale.  
Cards: Can't believe you didn't think about the FF8 Triple Triad cards that are out there. The set of 110 cards can run in the $800-1000 range.  Would have also been fun if you mentioned some other pack in cards that are collectible and exclusive, the the X-men cards exclusive to a Game Gear release are the first thing that came to mind.

I'm also surprised you didn't mention collectible video game vinyl, lots of different pressing between official and bootleg stuff.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posting here as a box guy with some shelves that is valiantly working towards trying to be a shelf guy.  I bought like 8 new Billy bookcases when I was able to get free Ikea shipping earlier this year.  I've already got a couple, but the whole room will look drastically different once I'm done in the next month or so.

• Like 2