IGNORED

The Collector's Quest Podcast

DefaultGen

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

Holy Cow, somehow I missed this sentence. First, congrats on school and going after your Masters. Second...I have no idea how we appeal to anyone, let alone a 15 year-old, that is amazing.

Thank you for spending 25% of your life with us

When you word it like that, it's a lot of time ha. 😆 

Have pledged to your Patreon, at the $4 tier ($6.50NZD). Can now enjoy the After Dark's 😁 

Edited by NZCollector

6 minutes ago, NZCollector said:

When you word it like that, it's a lot of time ha. 😆 

Have pledged to your Patreon, at the $4 tier ($6.50NZD). Can now enjoy the After Dark's 😁 

Welcome to the Patreon and Discord. You said enjoy the After Dark's....Hot Take. Kidding, of course, excited to have you on board.

• Love 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:14 PM, docile tapeworm said:

I use to listen but the show got a bit to nit picky and …. Out of my league, for me….idk maybe I’m just being a hater. 

Quit being a little biatch! They get into the weeds…. Something you should be very familiar with chump!😁

• Haha 5
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

You are probably the first person in my entire life I’ve heard say Raph is the best. 

Really? Most people I know say Raph is the best.

I showed a few episodes to my nephew a few months ago who had never seen TMNT and afterwards I asked him who he liked the most. He said Splinter but I asked him which turtle and he said Raph. I allowed him to remain in the family haha.

Side question, when are you doing a so you want to collect GBA? Can’t wait for that one. I don’t collect US stuff but it’s always interesting to hear what’s going on the US side of things vs Japanese for a set.

The GC one was great. It was interesting to hear that the expensive GC games for the US are some of the cheapest and easiest to find for the Japanese set. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brickman said:

Really? Most people I know say Raph is the best.

I showed a few episodes to my nephew a few months ago who had never seen TMNT and afterwards I asked him who he liked the most. He said Splinter but I asked him which turtle and he said Raph. I allowed him to remain in the family haha.

Side question, when are you doing a so you want to collect GBA? Can’t wait for that one. I don’t collect US stuff but it’s always interesting to hear what’s going on the US side of things vs Japanese for a set.

The GC one was great. It was interesting to hear that the expensive GC games for the US are some of the cheapest and easiest to find for the Japanese set. 

Raph is like the all around shittiest, worst attitude, worst weapons, etc.

Leo is the leader, Don is the smart/mature one, Mike is the carefree one, and Raph is the short tempered, sarcastic one with a shitty attitude and wimpy little short range daggers.

Also I dunno on GBA but we know so many people that are wildly deep into GBA variants and set collecting that it has to happen eventually. I don’t even know how we begin to tackle it.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

15 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

You are probably the first person in my entire life I’ve heard say Raph is the best. 

I'm tied between Leo and Raph and I thought they were 2 of the most popular as well. It's also not just based on turtle personality but color.  Purple and Orange are not usual favorite colors for a lot of boys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Leo is the leader, Don is the smart/mature one, Mike is the carefree one, and Raph is the short tempered, sarcastic one with a shitty attitude and wimpy little short range daggers.

Also I dunno on GBA but we know so many people that are wildly deep into GBA variants and set collecting that it has to happen eventually. I don’t even know how we begin to tackle it.

Yeah that’s why I like him. He’s always got the attitude and being sarcastic. Maybe I can relate to the sarcastic trait because I like to do the same haha.

Ralph’s weapons aren’t too bad, not quite as cool as nunchucks but better than a wooden pole and run of the mill swords haha.

Yeah GBA is a tough hill to climb, especially in the US. The Japanese library is way more manageable (a little under 800). Don’t know where you would start but some interesting points to discuss would be:

- ports/remakes

- exclusives/games started on the GBA

- the shovelware (seems to be heaps in the US library) 

- Japanese exclusives

- how insane us CIB collectors are 😆

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 1:11 AM, DefaultGen said:

excuse me...but he's not short tempered, sarcastic, shitty attitude, or wimpy....

He's the cool but rude guy, and HE IS THE BEST.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:11 AM, DefaultGen said:

Leo is a prude, Donny is a square, mikey is like my a2 choice, raph holds a slight edge. And I always thought raphs sai was the coolest weapon actually.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:32 AM, jonebone said:

I'm tied between Leo and Raph and I thought they were 2 of the most popular as well. It's also not just based on turtle personality but color.  Purple and Orange are not usual favorite colors for a lot of boys.

Mikey was pretty popular around my neighborhood/school.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:02 AM, Brickman said:

Yeah that’s why I like him. He’s always got the attitude and being sarcastic. Maybe I can relate to the sarcastic trait because I like to do the same haha.

Ralph’s weapons aren’t too bad, not quite as cool as nunchucks but better than a wooden pole and run of the mill swords haha.

I like his attitude also. And his humor. “You gotta know what a crumpet is…”

56 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

excuse me...but he's not short tempered, sarcastic, shitty attitude, or wimpy....

He's the cool but rude guy, and HE IS THE BEST.

And he took on like 40 foot shoulders by himself! It took like 100 to capture just him alone!

45 minutes ago, Samantha Garland said:

I didn't grow up with Ninja Turtles, but I think Raph is cool. He's like Gary Oak if he was on your side. ; )

See. Raph is the best turtle!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/15/2023 at 11:50 PM, Brickman said:

I love that the Raph lovers have now taken over the Collector's Quest podcast topic, such a Raph thing to do 😁 @CodysGameRoom will surely come in here soon.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Laughing GIF

TMNT Entity: Raphael (microseries) #1

Raph is the best. True TMNT fans know. From a video game POV I'd understand why you might not think he's the best. But in the OG comics, the first movie, etc, he rules. Yes he has character flaws like his anger and attitude issues. But yet when it is time to, he always delivers. Plus, Raph busts the most schools of criminal scum with the vigilante Casey Jones. 

I love the turtles as an ensemble, and they compliment each other well. Leo is a great leader, Donnie is awesome in general, and Mikey is a goof but can fucking go in battle (he won some pretty big battles throughout the various iterations of tmnt), but Raph is still the best. 

• Agree 1