IGNORED

The Collector's Quest Podcast

DefaultGen

OK I'm playing Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters. This game is kind of dumb as hell. How do you get health upgrades? I don't know, if you get enough points at the end of the level. How do you get weapon upgrades? I don't know you get enough points when you find the Zeus room. How many points? Oh we're not going to tell you. Oh, how many points do I have at least? We're only going to tell you at the end of the level.

Why do I have to grind in an action platformer anyway?? Don't punish me for getting through the game quickly you dingus. I'm gonna go play Ninja Gaiden.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went on a date last night with a girl who has a bit of a retro collection herself. She told me a few years ago she bought a sealed copy of Pokémon TCG on Game Boy Color and opened it to play it. Remembering the recent episode about games that came with trading cards I told her the sealed copies are worth a lot these days.

She looked at the current prices. She cringed at her past self’s actions.

Thanks for the fun date night convo!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for making such an entertaining podcast! Makes my day whenever there's a new one to listen to, no matter what mood I'm in it always cheers me up- especially Tyler's Michael Jackson impression a few episodes ago. That will never not be funny. Been listening since Episode 10 when I was 15 in the final days of middle school (actively a year later around late 2016), still listening now at 21 and starting my masters degree in a couple months (as a scale for time). Even after all these years I still eagerly await new episodes. I hope it picks up more traction in the coming year! 

IMG_3704.jpeg

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Loving the Collector's Quest recently, @DefaultGen, @Johnny, and @Art of Nintendo Power!

But I do have to say, considering it was brought up in the latest episode - PLEASE DON'T GET A SOUNDBOARD! The Collector's Quest is my favorite podcast, and I'm terrified of random sound-clips making it unbearable to listen to.

Then again, that's just my opinion. You guys preach that we should collect how we want, so you should have the freedom to podcast how you want haha.

(Also Johnny - I don't know what put you out-of-commission recently, but I hope you're on the mend!)

-CasualCart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

Loving the Collector's Quest recently, @DefaultGen, @Johnny, and @Art of Nintendo Power!

But I do have to say, considering it was brought up in the latest episode - PLEASE DON'T GET A SOUNDBOARD! The Collector's Quest is my favorite podcast, and I'm terrified of random sound-clips making it unbearable to listen to.

Then again, that's just my opinion. You guys preach that we should collect how we want, so you should have the freedom to podcast how you want haha.

(Also Johnny - I don't know what put you out-of-commission recently, but I hope you're on the mend!)

-CasualCart

Us? Use technology and production?? Yeah you have nothing to worry about, lol.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

Well mended thanks (massive infection in my gallbladder, it decided to rupture), and yeah I don't really want a soundboard on my desk, I just wish sometime I had more tools to tease Tyler.

Please forgive my super timely reply

Edited by Johnny

On 12/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, NZCollector said:

Thanks for making such an entertaining podcast! Makes my day whenever there's a new one to listen to, no matter what mood I'm in it always cheers me up- especially Tyler's Michael Jackson impression a few episodes ago. That will never not be funny. Been listening since Episode 10 when I was 15 in the final days of middle school (actively a year later around late 2016), still listening now at 21 and starting my masters degree in a couple months (as a scale for time). Even after all these years I still eagerly await new episodes. I hope it picks up more traction in the coming year! 

Thank you for sharing your time with us

• Love 1

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I use to listen but the show got a bit to nit picky and …. Out of my league, for me….idk maybe I’m just being a hater. 

We aren't for everyone. I don't think that's being a hater.

For a podcast with just about 200 episodes and a run time of 2hrs each on avg, we have to get into the weeds. 

that said you know what what you like, and I appreciate that you gave us a chance. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, NZCollector said:

Been listening since Episode 10 when I was 15 in the final days of middle school (actively a year later around late 2016), still listening now at 21 and starting my masters degree in a couple months

Holy Cow, somehow I missed this sentence. First, congrats on school and going after your Masters. Second...I have no idea how we appeal to anyone, let alone a 15 year-old, that is amazing.

Thank you for spending 25% of your life with us

• Like 1
  • Love 1