IGNORED

3dSen - The 3D NES Emulator

geod

Oh, I just had this brilliant idea.

Can you lock the camera onto the player so that when the player moves then the camera moves. For example place the camera on Links face so that Zelda is in first person mode. The camera would be moving along with the character as if the whole game was in first person.

This one thing, could change the game completely, it would give a totally different playing experience. I'm telling you right now that it would be a mind blowing experience and all you have to do is fix the camera onto the player and let the camera move as the character moves.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, erockbrox said:

Oh, I just had this brilliant idea.

Can you lock the camera onto the player so that when the player moves then the camera moves. For example place the camera on Links face so that Zelda is in first person mode. The camera would be moving along with the character as if the whole game was in first person.

This one thing, could change the game completely, it would give a totally different playing experience. I'm telling you right now that it would be a mind blowing experience and all you have to do is fix the camera onto the player and let the camera move as the character moves.

I had the same brilliant idea several years ago but sadly it didn't work ^^

Edited by geod

I still think it can work if you polish it up and work out all the bugs.

For example in Zelda on the overhead view if you walk right then the player walks right, but in first person mode you would be pressing up to walk forward in any direction. So the D-pad input controls would have to be constantly be remapped so that up is the forward facing direction always. That's not that hard to do its just a special remapping of inputs that is dependent upon your character's facing direction.

• 4 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted

• 5 months later...