IGNORED

Price of Black Manta, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Punch Out

Fat Tony

I have these games, curious what you all think the values might be? Planning to put them up for sale here in a bit but I don't wanna put up numbers so big they scare people away.  Titles are above in the topic title.  Also have a Tetris, mostly sealed I currently have on sale for 700 and wanted to know if you guys think that's a fair price.

Oh yeah, they're near mint and unsealed.

Black Manta Front.jpg

Black Manta Back.jpg

Dr, Jekyll Front.jpg

Dr. Jekyll Back.jpg

Punch Out Front.jpg

Punch Out Back.jpg

Edited by Fat Tony

Well I see a Tetris being sold for 700, which is why I'm going with that price for now.  But like I said, I'm open to offers.

Manta is going for 135 Like New, mine's in better condition though.

Punch Out I see for 125, so was thinking 125-150 range.

Don't see any Like New in box sales for Jekyll and Hyde on Ebay presently.  New is going for about 300 though.

I don't usually do this because I really want to avoid all of the unnecessary price check posts here but here we go:

1. There are websites dedicated to pricing games. Literally dedicated to just that, search for them on Google.
  2. I didn't see any Wrath Of The Black Manta sold nor listed for $135. One just sold for $40, that's a more accurate price.
  3. You asked for a price without showing any of the insides. Whether it's complete / bootleg / torn up will be the difference in literally tens of dollars with these games.
  4. Don't confuse Punch-Out!! with Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! One is worth drastically less, those look like licensed property prices
  5. Tetris recently sold for $1900 and another for $78,000 but you posted zero details so I would say yours is somewhere between those.
  • Thanks 1

Well, here's the Wrath of the Black Manta I saw listed for 135 on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324918923251?hash=item4ba6ad4ff3%3Ag%3AE5cAAOSw769hqXoi&LH_ItemCondition=2750

If anyone wants me to open up these games and take pics of what's inside, I can do so as well upon request.

Not confusing Punch Out with Mike Tyson's Punch Out, here's the one for 125 I was referring to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203965429978?epid=56239430&hash=item2f7d4978da%3Ag%3A7vUAAOSwQNNijSlC&LH_ItemCondition=2750

And I didn't post any details here about Tetris because I already posted pics of my Tetris box in the selling section here, but can post pics of the front and back of the box here as well if anyone wants to see it.

Here's the Tetris auction I just saw on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325161453008?epid=5818&hash=item4bb52205d0%3Ag%3AeY0AAOSwlBdiZXJe&LH_ItemCondition=1000

I think I know the site you're referring to though.  I'll check it out later after I get some sleep.  I just figured since I'm new to selling, I didn't want to set prices too high and scare off any potential buyers is all.  I will look into those sites though but just wanted to see if I would receive any offers first.  Yours and any other input is appreciated though.  I will look into that and hope that can work out.

18 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Well, here's the Wrath of the Black Manta I saw listed for 135 on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324918923251?hash=item4ba6ad4ff3%3Ag%3AE5cAAOSw769hqXoi&LH_ItemCondition=2750

If anyone wants me to open up these games and take pics of what's inside, I can do so as well upon request.

Not confusing Punch Out with Mike Tyson's Punch Out, here's the one for 125 I was referring to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203965429978?epid=56239430&hash=item2f7d4978da%3Ag%3A7vUAAOSwQNNijSlC&LH_ItemCondition=2750

And I didn't post any details here about Tetris because I already posted pics of my Tetris box in the selling section here, but can post pics of the front and back of the box here as well if anyone wants to see it.

Here's the Tetris auction I just saw on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325161453008?epid=5818&hash=item4bb52205d0%3Ag%3AeY0AAOSwlBdiZXJe&LH_ItemCondition=1000

I think I know the site you're referring to though.  I'll check it out later after I get some sleep.  I just figured since I'm new to selling, I didn't want to set prices too high and scare off any potential buyers is all.  I will look into those sites though but just wanted to see if I would receive any offers first.  Yours and any other input is appreciated though.  I will look into that and hope that can work out.

Now I understand. The prices at which games are listed are not relevant, people ask all kinds of crazy prices. I can ask $5000 but that doesn't give you any indication of actual value, instead you should use the filters to only show sold items and that will give you an indication of what people are actually paying.

Pricecharting is not a bad resource. Gamevaluenow is another.

To see sold listings, filter search results and there is a choice to show sold items. You have to go under "Show more" in the list of filter choices on mobile, or go into Advanced search on desktop. 

7CE5195C-88EA-4C83-82E1-BACA65F9FE27.jpeg

46229CC5-92F2-4335-A40E-9825FA40E3D2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 9/15/2022 at 9:34 AM, Trifecta said:

How much did they sell for?

Oh.  It was a while ago, but I can check my texts with the buyer and get back to you on exact prices.  Off the top of my head, I believe 100 or more a piece.  Nice guy, we're still in touch.  It was through another collectors group.