IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Kickle Cubicle!

BeaIank

4 hours ago, Krunch said:

Haha it's supposed to be Little Samson, and so it's called Kickle & Lickle.  I won a custom request picture from SuperJimtendo so this is what I requested 😁

There are so many more questions I could ask in response to this, but I guess I'll just be satisfied knowing who both of the characters are.

1 hour ago, SuperJimtendo said:

64FE792B-501B-4E89-8968-7866C415FE10.jpeg

Some real classy numbers hangin' out this week folks!  You'll all have to excuse me for not wearing my tux-with-assless-chaps-and-earmuffs as I compose this...

For those of you keeping score, so far we've got at least one ringer present and now, presumably, ...one master....

¡Welcome, Super-Jim!

6,392,400       (Actually managed to snap an end pic just as it totaled up this time but I also beat the final boss again so here's another spawn at Special-Land Pic.)

(Most trouble I've had with pic takin' in a while.  Just for the record if you make it to the end of the last level you'll want to take a pic right before you grab the last bag.  Then you'll want to try your hand at snapping a pic just as your final score totals up.  It's only on the screen for a second.  If you have a caveman camera like me you'll probably end up snapping a pic of the score while its still totaling up, in which case you'll want to beat the final boss, sit through the ending and then snap a final score pic as Kickle spawns in Special-Land.)

6,392,400.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

38 minutes ago, PII said:

(Most trouble I've had with pic takin' in a while.  Just for the record if you make it to the end of the last level you'll want to take a pic right before you grab the last bag.  Then you'll want to try your hand at snapping a pic just as your final score totals up.  It's only on the screen for a second.  If you have a caveman camera like me you'll probably end up snapping a pic of the score while its still totaling up, in which case you'll want to beat the final boss, sit through the ending and then snap a final score pic as Kickle spawns in Special-Land.)

How are you finding the difficulty level?  Is there an adequate amount of extra lives?  I wanna go the distance, but I die pretty easy

1 hour ago, Krunch said:

How are you finding the difficulty level?  Is there an adequate amount of extra lives?  I wanna go the distance, but I die pretty easy

The d.l. here isn't as difficult as other puzzle adventure games I've played.  I'd say its just right if you want to have to think a bit now and again but never be pulling your hair out.  It's def. a good time.  I'd have to say that the amount of extra lives is absolutely perfect, especially for a competition like this one.  Funny thing about this one though is, even after git'n gud I feel that it's surprisingly easy to die dumb...

8 hours ago, PII said:

The d.l. here isn't as difficult as other puzzle adventure games I've played.  I'd say its just right if you want to have to think a bit now and again but never be pulling your hair out.  It's def. a good time.  I'd have to say that the amount of extra lives is absolutely perfect, especially for a competition like this one.  Funny thing about this one though is, even after git'n gud I feel that it's surprisingly easy to die dumb...

The first three lands aren't that hard. Toy Land has some aggravating puzzles, particularly the one near the end where you're kicking ice cubes into a contraption full of hammers while dealing with bomb guys that keep running at you and exploding. That's where I don't want to play anymore.

9 hours ago, PII said:

It seems a long road to 6 million I'm gonna start again shortly here, my score is a starter score with unwarranted errors in it, for the most part it went well.

The whole vibe of the game and the music still feels fresh.  It's a solid game.

I'm have to check the archive, I'm recalling getting near the end of the game last contest but not being able to complete the last handful levels or so, is how I think it went down.

New PB! I came really close to  PII's score, but I don't know this level very well, and it's one of the most obnoxious in the game.

Funny thing is, I lost three lives to the turtle boss and made it to Toy Land with only one visible life. I can't believe I got as far as I did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Oh come on. I Did not unbanish myself from the shadow realm just to default into top 8 on kickle week. Damn it @docile tapeworm can I at least get a video of you shooting a kickle cart for old times sake? 

It seems like people have been disappearing from this and other forums en masse lately.  I don't know if it's social networking sites or what, but it's a sad state of affairs.... 😞

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Wow, no appearance from deafcode - looks like the puzzle genre might be up for grabs.

And PII wins yet another week!  All those surmounting victories, and yet you have a scant 11 point lead overall..... 😉

Whatever gets ya to sleep at night 😉 

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@BeaIank

@guillavoie

Can we get a galaxy 5000 practice thread? Ill start dueling with @PIIand gladly get my butt kicked even if it doesnt mean anything

Aren't you the current racing champ?  You should be wearing that charm loud and proud!  I haven't played Galaxy 5000 before, but I can only assume you're familiar with it and will be mopping the floor with the rest of us...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Aren't you the current racing champ?  You should be wearing that charm loud and proud!  I haven't played Galaxy 5000 before, but I can only assume you're familiar with it and will be mopping the floor with the rest of us...

Ive beat it for the complete every game each year challenge a time or two. Its really REALLY good. I have more nostalgia for pro am 2, but this is probably best NES racer if I could set that aside. 

@PIIhas also beat it for that challenge, and he got through it a lot faster than I did if memory serves.