19 members have voted

1. 1. RE 1, 2 or 3?

• RE1
    • RE2
    • RE3

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Where’s Dino Crisis? 😛

Tbh I played it last year and was a bit underwhelmed. It was alright but it kinda felt like there weren't really that many dinos roaming around, and I had so much OP ammo that it was pretty trivial to just blow them away. The story didn't really leave any big impressions either. 

Playing all of these games recently, and in summary they all have their issues, but I also like them all a lot. My favourite aspect is the inventory and resource management that when it's at its best, is always keeping you at the edge of your seat.
RE2 wasn't as good at doing that, despite still being a fun game, but man does its Remake fix that and then some.
I'm currently prepping to go for a S+ Hardcore run of that game, which is either going to be the ultimate Resident Evil experience for me, or it's gonna make me curse the game forever and never go back to it.

2 Remake > 1 Remake > 2 Original

I still have not played either version of 3, but I have a feeling I'm gonna like it, but still place it below those three.
And for my limited familiarity with the original version of 1, I think that one would probably fit between 1 Remake and 2 OG. But that's of course mostly speculation.

As for RE4, it's going in somewhere below RE1make. Super overrated game, but that doesn't keep it from being a lot of fun.

Edited by Sumez

I was so put off by the intentionally terrible camera, control and grating ribbon system I never looked into remake.  Seems a lot of people love that.

RE2 and Codename Veronica of the original style were the two I liked, though I did love the story of 1 but it's not great otherwise which is a shame.  Too bad the movies didn't parallel those stories.  Of the newer basically touched nothing much other than Revelations and that I did get quite into, it was nicely done.

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I never got through 1 or 3 but I played them both after 2.

Do yourself a favor and playi the RE1 Remake, it's fantastic.

Without even having played the original, I can feel that the Remake does a lot to elaborate on its strengths. From what I've learned, a lot of the things I thought were taken from the original game originated in the Remake, which I think only underlines how well they fit.

• Like 1

Every time I tried to play 1, I got bored and quit. I must've started that game like 5 times in my life. I was always a Silent Hill fan so I just avoided the early REs since RE1 sucked, but when I finally played RE2 it was amazing. Haven't played 3 yet but RE2 >>> RE1.

• Eyeroll 1

2,1,3. RE 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. The remake was incredible but wouldn't exist without the original which still holds up.

RE2 definitely refined the original and brought in more action without losing too much of the puzzle aspect (maybe not as cryptic for better/worse) of RE1.

RE3 feels like an RE2 side quest or DLC... both the original and remake.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I plan on tackling 3 with my backlog next year.  Probably gonna do 6 later this year.

And if I can ever track down a PS5, 2 remake and 7 will be two of my first purchases, and Village and 3 Remake down the line.

The Remake of 2, Seven, and Village are excellent, must play.  3 Remake is okay, but more of a rent or buy at deep discount.

Oh and my order of the first three is 2>1>>>3 no surprise there

Edited by fox