IGNORED

Examples with the Nintendo game as the cheaper option?

Hey guys,

I was looking through my game collection while deciding which games remain that I want to own. It certainly seems like Nintendo console games are the expensive choice. Anyone know which games this is not the case?

The main one that stands in my mind is Aero the Acro-Bat 2. The Genesis one commands a higher price tag than the SNES. Any other examples? Or is this a super common thing and I am just not aware?

Cheers :)

Ooh I like this topic, it's challenging.

I've been typing in one game after another that had a more or less if not carbon copy between the SNES and Genesis, and so far I'm coming up blank. So I then googled a list of games both share.  Here's a few I came across cross referencing the VGPC for speed.

They're not identical but it is the defacto TMNT brawler game, Hyperstone Heist is like $10 more than the SNES Turtles in Time which is a bit shocking, but they're not the same despite being very similar in more ways than not.

Ys 3 Wanderers from Ys is like $60 on Genesis, $25 on SNES

Joe & Mac on Genesis is like worth $20 more ($40 vs $20) than the SNES game, but to be fair the GEN game is more like the arcade, SNES one is more fleshed out into a non-arcade play all stages platfomer but has a lot in common.

Rock N Roll Racing on Genesis is like $10 more expensive than SNES.

Raiden Trad on Genesis is $10-15 more than the SNES game

Aerobiz Supersonic is about the same loose, but if it's complete the Genesis game is like $40 more on average.

Fatal Fury 2 is worth like just $5 higher on Gen vs SNES, so probably not worth mentioning but I did.

35 minutes ago, DK said:

Are you specifically thinking of Super Nintendo/Genesis only?

I bet if we looked thoroughly at NES/Master System and Game Boy/Game Gear there will be a few examples.

Mega Man for GB/GG being an easy example.

Well, one issue is also that some games aren’t even the same game, other than in title only.  Batman is a good example. It’s much more expensive on the Genesis than the NES but they are also completely different games.  The Mega Man GG game doesn’t have an analog, I don’t think.

I kept it to the same generation/bit count hardware for RH's reasons, though I did note the NES/GB Joe & Mac for reference.  I could have thrown in Fatal Fury it's on GB in Japan(I have it) and while it handles the same, the a/v end most definitely isn't, it's not right to compare for the same reason Batman NES-GB-GEN-PCE wouldn't be right either.