IGNORED

Mali's Cash - August Issue - Celebrating Valentine's Day and Ghost Month!!!

fcgamer

It's here! Let's take a look at what to expect from the August issue of Mali's Cash.

The magazine is available for purchase at the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B92RGHP8

Contents:

What's It Like to Be a Hacker Girl?
Lily Tseng discuses her time working as a model for one of the gaming industry's most notorious companies.

Dos and Don'ts of Ghost Month
Learn about common superstitions during Ghost Month and how to protect yourself during this time.

The REZ Vibrator: One of Gaming's Kinkiest Peripherals Turns 21
Let's celebrate one of the most notorious peripherals in gaming history.

The Secret Life of Mario: Part III
Mali's Cash continues to follow Mario on his non-canonical gaming adventures.

Kiku.Negu Love Story
Binary Land is even more romantic than some realize.

Hungry Ghost Night
An insider look at ITG-Soft's game dedicated to Ghost Month.

Foretell by SACHEN
Monthly horoscopes.

Renny's Corner
Learn about Renny's beer and food picks for August.

Culinary Treats From Taichung's Coast
Follow Mali's Cash as we travel to Taichung's coast to discover tasty food!

FILM: August Picks For Ghost Month

Three Homebrews For Valentine's Day
Let's dive back into Nintendo homebrew gaming history to discover three games appropriate for Valentine's Day.

Super Mauro - The First Unlicensed Famicom Game?
Learn about the unique history of the first known unauthorized Nintendo game.

Super Magician's Ghastly Secrets
Based on the Mr Vampire series, Super Magician is a relatively unknown game for the Sega Mega Drive.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to Mali's Cash - The Biggest, Baddest Retro Homebrew Magazine ... Coming June, 2022!!!
20 hours ago, The Count said:

This looks pretty neat. Any idea on price point or did I miss that?

Thanks for the interest!

I should have the price point figured out by the end of the weekend. I'm striving for around $8 + shipping of $6, for total of $14, maximum, though if I can get the price down to about $12 total (magazine + shipping included) that's what I'd prefer. Like I said in the earlier post though, I also plan to give access to the library of (paid) online articles I plan to do as a bonus for those who order the magazine, though I am still looking into how to make this a reality. 🙂

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Mali's Cash - The Biggest, Baddest Retro Homebrew Magazine RELEASED!!! (limited freebies available too)

I'm happy to announce that Mali's Cash has been released! The first volume (June) of Mali's Cash contains articles on the following topics:

Volume 1 Content:

Piss the Fish
(From funky art project to mainstream release)

Slow Mole: An Erik Rosenlund Production
An insider's glance at this challenging, new homebrew Nintendo game

Kubo: The Turtle Cowboy
Join Kubo as he makes his way around the world

HOMEBREW HISTORY: Revisiting Solar Wars
It's time to reminisce about one of the earliest homebrew games for Nintendo

The Secret Life of Mario: Part I
Catch a glimpse of some of Mario's unofficial adventures

RENNY'S CORNER

CULTURE: Taichung's Pokémon 7-11
We visit Taichung's Pokemon-themed 7-11, and it's hot

The magazine cost is $13.95, and can be purchased from the link below. If you are a Prime Member or purchase this with other things, you'll likely qualify for free shipping. 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2MYSYSK

For those who purchase the first issue of Mali's Cash, DM me with your mailing address and we'll send out a small thank-you gift. 🙂

We've already started working on the July issue of Mali's Cash, and we are stoked! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

Just bought the first issue. Love to support all things homebrew!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun putting this together, I hope you enjoy it. 🙂 

The next volume is already in the works, and it is exciting. I'm particularly stoked about the Homebrew History section of the magazine, as I remember back when this stuff had occurred, as I was following back in 1999 or so already. I was even on the list for the Garage Cart but backed out, oh how stupid I was then!

Anyways, I'll DM you later, as I mentioned above, I am personally going to send out a small gift for everyone on here who purchases the first issue 🙂

1 hour ago, The Count said:

I'd love to pick one up. Is there a purchasing alternative to Amazon by chance?

Well they take care of the printing for me, but sure you can buy it from me directly. I'll send you a DM later, I'll also send you a small gift if you pick this up 🙂

thanks again so much for the interest!

• Thanks 1

Oh wow not sure how I missed this. Looks cool @fcgamer!

Not sure if you looked at it at all but https://www.magcloud.com/ is a pretty nice alternative to Amazon if you have others asking about it. It's free to just put your stuff up there, and you don't pay anything (they have a fixed cost per mag, and you add your fee on top of that).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 4:46 AM, matthughson said:

Oh wow not sure how I missed this. Looks cool @fcgamer!

Not sure if you looked at it at all but https://www.magcloud.com/ is a pretty nice alternative to Amazon if you have others asking about it. It's free to just put your stuff up there, and you don't pay anything (they have a fixed cost per mag, and you add your fee on top of that).

Thanks mate for the suggestion; I looked into it, but it seems they don't allow anything grey area such as game hacks or soft core 8 bit tits, so I think it'll be impossible for me. 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Mali's Cash July Issue is Here!!!
5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

After a lot of hard work, the July issue of Mali's Cash is HERE!!!

It can be found at the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5KK64Q4

Please read the first post of the this thread for a description of the contents, but this month's issue is huge, content wise!

Put me down for a 12 month subscription dude! 😉

• The title was changed to Mali's Cash - August Issue - Celebrating Valentine's Day and Ghost Month!!!

@The Count I've decided that I am going to send you all three volumes of Mali's Cash that are currently available, I mean, it'll give you a better idea of our magazine. 

@Everyone:  I am very excited by this third issue of Mali's Cash, and it is easily my favorite issue. We've upped the content and design, I feel, and work on issue 4 is currently underway. And let me tell you, it's going to be sexy, as it features @OptOut (if he is still up for it, haha).

Getting back to issue 3, as August marks both Valentine's Day and Ghost Month (sort of like Halloween, only better as it lasts for a month and the locals actually believe in the spirits creating a super creepy vibe) here in Taiwan, the articles in the August issue generally relate to love (or relationships) and frights. It was one of those odd situations this time around where we actually had too much content that we wanted to put into the magazine, but some things just had to be cut to fit the page limit.

We really dug deep into the archives for the homebrew in history section this month, a few of the titles presented were a bit...shocking.

Anyways, love as always, if you enjoy unauthorized games, homebrew, and Taiwanese / Chinese culture, than don't miss this one, as it's a lot of fun.  Cheers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B92RGHP8

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1