IGNORED

Megaman Star Force Collection

phart010

I really like Megaman. Never got around to playing the Star Force games on DS. And now they have gotten expensive to the point that they’re not really practical to buy.

Because of the prices, I wonder if Capcom might consider making a modernized collection of these games. They have already done collections for the original Megaman, Megaman X, and Megaman Zero/ZX.

Still we don’t have Battle Network or Star Force collections.

I wonder, since the Star Force games were on DS, is there anything preventing them from being easily ported to the Switch? ZX and ZX Advent were also DS titles, yet they managed to port these titles.

Yeah I thought last year would've been perfect for having a Battle Network collection.  I played these games a lot in the 2000s decade (back when I had my stupid turn based combat phobia...I thought this was MegaMan's answer to Pokemon).  I do in fact have all five versions of Star Force 1 & 2 but I haven't gotten around to finishing them yet.  At least you can play them on a Supercard DSTwo though!

• Like 1

The battle network series was far superior to the star force series imo. In battle network you had a 3x3 grid for lots of variety and strategy. In star force it was a 1x3 grid and vastly reduced strategy and what could be done. 

there were 6 battle network games on gba, 1 of them (#5) on the DS, and 3 star force games on DS. I would think if they could put one of the battle network games on the DS that it shouldn’t be hard to modernize the battle network and Star force series into collections. 

Mega Man Battle Network is my favorite series of games, full stop. I was waiting all last year for Capcom to do right by the series, but I read a translated article by the director of the series who alluded to porting the games into a new collection being not in the budget or on the production docket. Instead, Capcom was looking for merchandising partners *sigh*

Oddly enough, despite my love of Battle Network, I bought all the Star Force games but haven't cracked the seals on any of them yet. At this point, I'm just hoping for a collection for convenience sake.

I'd buy collections for both in a hot minute if Capcom gets around to it; a copy for every region (because I love Mega Man so much) to help support further Mega Man releases.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, Renmauzo said:

Mega Man Battle Network is my favorite series of games, full stop. I was waiting all last year for Capcom to do right by the series, but I read a translated article by the director of the series who alluded to porting the games into a new collection being not in the budget or on the production docket. Instead, Capcom was looking for merchandising partners *sigh*

Oddly enough, despite my love of Battle Network, I bought all the Star Force games but haven't cracked the seals on any of them yet. At this point, I'm just hoping for a collection for convenience sake.

I'd buy collections for both in a hot minute if Capcom gets around to it; a copy for every region (because I love Mega Man so much) to help support further Mega Man releases.

I'd keep them sealed as like someone here mentioned, they may be going up in value (especially the third one) now so especially with new/sealed ones you could really cash in.  After all one could always use the Supercard DSTwo to play DS games now.