IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - TMNT 2!

BeaIank

51 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Even with spare time, could really only get one run. Hour a game, not much room for error

Yeah, great game, and that's my only real issue: each run takes so long, and you don't get to the make-or-break levels until the last part of your run, so it's definitely a time sink...

On 5/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, JamesRobot said:

Which turtle do you guys prefer use? 🐢

On 5/10/2022 at 10:49 PM, NESfiend said:

Leo. Pretty sure don is better, but its a tradition that cant be broken 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Donatello for life.  I don't think I've even ever tried Raph or Mike; I might have tried Leo once or twice...

It’s raph for sure!

09470F88-A6AF-4293-ACA2-5744D44AB581.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I know it should be Mikey but I’ve always liked raph beeeeecausee I’m not raph?! Always wished I was a bad ass. 
“rude but cool”

That I can understand. Im more of a mikey, or maybe don, but always wished I were more like leo. Wise, even keeled, leader. Also, blue is the best color and swords are the coolest weapon. Also, there are 2 of them. These facts are all undeniable 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

That I can understand. Im more of a mikey, or maybe don, but always wished I were more like leo. Wise, even keeled, leader. Also, blue is the best color and swords are the coolest weapon. Also, there are 2 of them. These facts are all undeniable 

Pppssshhh Leo is a prude lol but considering weapons I liked the sai, always a fan of the unconventional.

The movie version of don might be my favorite he’s funny.

Edited by docile tapeworm

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@PII splinter loves raph the most though 

No, Splinter simply recognizes that Raph needs more love and guidance shown.  It's not that the others are loved less, it's that Raph needs it shown more.

I always identified most with Don, although Mikey was a favourite because, well, my name is Michael, so it made me connect more to the show to identify with the guy they're calling by my name 😛

• Agree 1

I'm appreciating this game so much more as I get further into it. I almost got to scene 4 with one life. I stupidly died to the fly boss. I've made it to scene 5 using all of my lives. The first level seems really, really easy now.

EDIT: I'm at scene 5! I did NOT think I'd make it this far. I'm glad I didn't give up.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Krang is such a FILTHY, WORM-RIDDEN, DIS-EASE-BARING, PIECE OF ABSOLUTE SHIT, That he makes the Shredder fight seem perfectly fair.

...Also, tried pausing during the shredder fight to no avail, also did not work right after the Krang fight.  I haven't beaten it, so haven't had the opportunity to try pausing after the shredder fight...

Edited by PII
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:01 AM, NESfiend said:

A true first effort. I played this one a lot when I first started collecting. I was a few hits away from downing that snowy bastard. Hopefully I can find time somewhere. Will be working next two nights unfortunately

Scene 5 - level 8?  512 points

Edit: surely that @Bearcat-Dougguy shows up for this one. I have a feeling he could destroy us in a half asleep run...

20220511_230919.jpg

It seems like we did a 1 life contest of this back in the 2013 tournament and everyone that advanced to the next round beat the game, so it should be easy!

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It seems like we did a 1 life contest of this back in the 2013 tournament and everyone that advanced to the next round beat the game, so it should be easy!

Beating the last two bosses with one life seems like a tall order. I never made it that far, but they look like a pain in the ass. Shredder even has an insta-kill move.