IGNORED

VGS Homebrew Almanac

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

Moved a few games from available to defunct (and some defunct back to available), including Brilliant Pebbles and Tower Defense 1990 because Retro Wonder Workers' website has been down and does not appear to be coming back. If you know otherwise, please let me know. I'll reach out to Ryan to confirm if I can.

Homebrew Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Moved a few games from available to defunct (and some defunct back to available), including Brilliant Pebbles and Tower Defense 1990 because Retro Wonder Workers' website has been down and does not appear to be coming back. If you know otherwise, please let me know. I'll reach out to Ryan to confirm if I can.

Tower Defense 1990 is a lot of fun, that's unfortunate you can't buy it.  Maybe I need to cover it on Homebrews in Focus 🤔

Moderator · Posted

I got a response from Ryan Lloyd (developer of Tower Defense 1990 and Brilliant Pebbles) through Kickstarter. I invited him to join our community here if he was ever interested. Here’s what he wrote me:

Hi,

I basically closed my website down and didn't renew my domain.  I haven't had as much time to program (for fun, outside regular work) as I did in the past.  I'm still working on homebrew projects and will probably release games under a different label in the future.  Developing a game takes hundreds of hours, and sticking with a project and finishing it is hard.  I built a 4-way scrolling engine and a bunch of software modules that could be used in future projects.

-Ryan Lloyd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
22 minutes ago, johnvanderhoe said:

FYI: My homebrew NES shmup, Bat Lizard Bonanza, is now available as a ROM in Early Access.

https://johnvanderhoef.itch.io/bat-lizard-bonanza

I plan to hold a Kickstarter for its physical release early in 2021, after which point I'll be able to sell people carts.

Thank you for the update, I'm looking forward to its release! I already have Bat Lizard Bonanza listed in my Homebrew on the Horizon thread.

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I did a bit of research and learned that while they are generally a repro seller, gamereproductions.com sells copies of Sly Dog Studio's Pegs with Rob's permission. So I believe that qualifies as a legitimate release worth including in the Almanac.

Yep, I can confirm this is the case as well.