IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gun Smoke!

BeaIank

Ok, so, yeah... this week was too busy.  I did try a couple of times but I was too greedy.  I never got past stage one sooo, I don't even get the participation points!  Oh well.  This is a new good one I'll want to come back too, just like Battletoads from last year.  At least I got a great experience out of it.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

I was kinda confused about the wanted poster rule. If I had the funds to buy it on my first loop did I have to buy it? Or could I go until the third time I saw the vendor? 

You could go until the third time you saw the vendor. Then you had to buy it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

the only chance you got is top gun, I’ll probably get participation.

the other two I’ll smoke you.

your lucky I was messing with those magic cards this week or I would have finished first here. No matter if you had a busy week or not.

517343FA-2D0E-4AE5-8374-1D2BF73EBEE2.gif

Excuses are like assholes man.  Everyone has one, and they all stink.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PII said:

Did anyone happen to find a Free Horse in levels 4/5/6?  I did a lot of shooting just after the transition points in levels 4 and 5 but nothing spawned so I figured that crutch disappears after level 3...

I never looped any of the levels after level 3, so I couldn't say for sure.  I noticed that in levels 2 and 3 there are barrels that spawn of the screen that aren't there on the first loop, and the horse is on the opposite side of the screen from the barrels, so if that holds true it may do the same on later levels? 

13 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

the only chance you got is top gun, I’ll probably get participation.

the other two I’ll smoke you.

your lucky I was messing with those magic cards this week or I would have finished first here. No matter if you had a busy week or not.

517343FA-2D0E-4AE5-8374-1D2BF73EBEE2.gif

That's some pretty tough talk for a guy who is a measly 3 points ahead of me after two games...  🤔

PS - If I considered you to even remotely be a threat on Gun Smoke, I would've posted a real score instead of just putting down the controller after completing Stage 6.... 😉

33 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That's some pretty tough talk for a guy who is a measly 3 points ahead of me after two games...  🤔

PS - If I considered you to even remotely be a threat on Gun Smoke, I would've posted a real score instead of just putting down the controller after completing Stage 6.... 😉

😢😭

35 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I’ve won the genre by one point before, having to win 3 out of four. This ain’t even close.

Holy shit!!! Can it be?!?!  Is this the 2019 Shooter Champ?????  NO FUCKING WAY!  It's the 2019 Shooter Champ!!!  I can't believe what I'm seeing!!!!  Dude, shouldn't you be signing autographs or something?  Or are you too busy writing an autobiography to tell the world the incredible story of your amazing 1 point genre victory?

Well guess what, McGrinnenstein: it ain't 2019 no more.........     😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Holy shit!!! Can it be?!?!  Is this the 2019 Shooter Champ?????  NO FUCKING WAY!  It's the 2019 Shooter Champ!!!  I can't believe what I'm seeing!!!!  Dude, shouldn't you be signing autographs or something?  Or are you too busy writing an autobiography to tell the world the incredible story of your amazing 1 point genre victory?

Well guess what, McGrinnenstein: it ain't 2019 no more.........     😉

no it isn’t. All I’m saying is I’ve seen and played against way better than you. You ain’t even that good 🤙🏻 hell you so soft you didn’t even try when ti-83 played.

Edited by docile tapeworm

45 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Nah, I'm sure winning one genre title ever by a single point is pretty bad ass... 😛  

agreed. Some championships are certainly more impressive than others…

45 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm just as good as I need to be for the situation at hand... 😉

To come in second place?

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@PII 😂😂 what the hell was that?! That pig laughs crazy 😂

It's from a 1980 movie called Motel Hell.  The laugh reminds me of the "Pierrot Le Fou" character from Cowboy Bebop which was likely inspired by the 1965 film of the same name which means something to the effect of "sad-clown-fool."

• Haha 1