IGNORED

Add the ability to quote more than one person in a post

Makar

Events Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Makar said:

Is it possible to be able to quote the whole conversation between multiple people like how it used to work on NA? Right now if I try to quote say 2 people who were quoting one another in a thread, I can only quote the most recent person.

Just hit the + next to the quote option and it will rack up all the quotes you need.  It will even remember all of the quotes from thread to thread so you can multi quote from other topics.  Pretty rad!

PicsArt_11-07-08_05_50.thumb.jpg.bdad268f1fce0c4dff22304023e8d552.jpg

No way man, those interminable quote trains fucking sucked. 
But you can quote multiple people, with or without the +. 

58 minutes ago, Makar said:

Is it possible to be able to quote the whole conversation between multiple people like how it used to work on NA? 

33 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Just hit the + next to the quote option and it will rack up all the quotes you need.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Just hit the + next to the quote option and it will rack up all the quotes you need.  It will even remember all of the quotes from thread to thread so you can multi quote from other topics.  Pretty rad!

PicsArt_11-07-08_05_50.thumb.jpg.bdad268f1fce0c4dff22304023e8d552.jpg

18 hours ago, Link said:

No way man, those interminable quote trains fucking sucked. 
But you can quote multiple people, with or without the +. 

Huh well that wasn't intuitive but it's there. Thanks for the tips! Kinda annoying you still have to quote posts one by one and you have to click them in order otherwise it'll be a mess. And it's not super easy to delete a whole quote if you accidentally add an extra one (at least it's not easy on my phone). I just refreshed the page and restarted the quote train. 

11 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

As amusing as quote pyramids occasionally were...I don't really miss them.

And the current multiquote method is way easier to use than trying to multiquote on the old forum.

True that, my poor inbox got hammered constantly on a few of the quote trains in past months/years 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Makar said:

Huh well that wasn't intuitive but it's there. Thanks for the tips! Kinda annoying you still have to quote posts one by one and you have to click them in order otherwise it'll be a mess. And it's not super easy to delete a whole quote if you accidentally add an extra one (at least it's not easy on my phone). I just refreshed the page and restarted the quote train. 

Eh. Intuitive is subjective. I noticed it easily, tried it and it did just what I expected. Way easier to work with this way, imo. Different strokes, I guess. Either way, I prefer this, putting the onus on the poster to notify people that he's quoting them to see what he has to say, instead of defaulting to the attentive reader who has already read those posts and must scroll endlessly to read the response. I asked multiple times for a quote train killer on the old forum, citing other forums where I've seen it work. So I'm glad it's the default function here.

Administrator · Posted

I am very happy to see the huge quote-trains gone.  Particularly on mobile, it was almost ludicrous at times.  And the pinging of every person involved was completely unnecessary.  In a forum conversation, I think it was overkill to have a little reminder of the entire conversation every time someone has a point or response.   I understand how in some cases, that made it easier for someone popping in to get the full context of a particular train for a response, but I think overall, this new system is much cleaner!

• Like 2