10 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• River City Melee Mach(switch)
    • Move or Die (Switch)
    • Sector's edge (Free fps on steam)
    • Codenames (web browser)
    • Unfortunate Spacemen (pc)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2022 at 01:43 AM

Events Helper · Posted

@Mega Tank @spacepup @ZeldaFreak @Deadeye @fox @Vectrex28 @0xDEAFC0DE @DefaultGen @Gloves @Avgn Gamer @drxandy @ZeldaFan042 @Rhapsody98 @darkchylde28 @KokiriChild @Reed Rothchild @MegaMan52 @Scrobins @neodolphino @FireHazard51 @SailorScoutMandy @AverageOliver98 @nettenette @BattySalem  @B.A. @Murray @a3quit4s @zi @G-type @ninjistar @Brickman @Aguy

Post number 10k baybee!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty, here are some options for next game night!

River City Melee Mach (Switch) ($13.99 eshop atm)
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/river-city-melee-mach-switch/
Online up-to-4 players per match River City Melee style battling game.

Move or Die (Switch) ($14.99 eshop atm)
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/move-or-die-unleashed-switch/
"
20-second rounds, constantly changing mechanics and A LOT of yelling. These are the keywords that perfectly describe Move or Die: Unleashed, the 4-player friendship ruining party game where rules change every single round."

Sector's Edge (PC/Steam) (free to play!)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1024890/Sectors_Edge/
Multiplayer FPS type game with multiple game modes, destructible environments, and  up to 12v12 players.

Codenames (Web-based) (Free!)
https://codenames.game/
Online multiplayer / team puzzle game in the style of 'Codenames.'  Free and fun to play!

Unfortunate Spacemen (PC/Steam) (Free to Play!)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/408900/Unfortunate_Spacemen/
Game about space-based deception and murder in space!

20 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

depends, is it motion controlled?  or can i use the pro controller 😆

This may leave you wondering if Nintendo Switch Sports supports the Pro Controller. The answer is—Nintendo Switch Sports does not support the Pro Controller, only the Joy-Cons. This means that you have to use the Joy-Cons and motion control inputs to play Nintendo Switch Sports.Mar 31, 2022

So no it doesn't. But you can play bowling easily without needing too much movement 

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

This may leave you wondering if Nintendo Switch Sports supports the Pro Controller. The answer is—Nintendo Switch Sports does not support the Pro Controller, only the Joy-Cons. This means that you have to use the Joy-Cons and motion control inputs to play Nintendo Switch Sports.Mar 31, 2022

So no it doesn't. But you can play bowling easily without needing too much movement 

pricepoint yet?

Events Helper · Posted
9 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Is Unfortunate Spacemen just an Among Us clone?  The trailer it shows basically leaves it murky what the game is at all, but the description seems like it's screaming "AMONG US, BUT WITH MORE REALISTIC GRAPHICS!"

maybe? i have never played it, so i can only guess

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Is Unfortunate Spacemen just an Among Us clone?  The trailer it shows basically leaves it murky what the game is at all, but the description seems like it's screaming "AMONG US, BUT WITH MORE REALISTIC GRAPHICS!"

It's a bit more complex, but yes basically - the general idea is the same.

Sorry, just don't like the Switch.  Thanks to my son, my 3DS has been resurrected, so I'm open to some games on there if anyone has one and wants to get together to play stuff, but the Switch just isn't, and has never been my cup of tea.  Plus, loading up the dock to the TV would show our son that that's possible and give him ideas about trying to use the system, which he's not allowed to do given his tendency to be less than careful with delicate things.  I'd love to join up every game night, but I'm just out on Switch nights, sorry.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

Just in case anyone missed the OP, we updated with some links where you can find out more information / check out the games closer.

Also, if you are legitimately interested in joining and playing one of the games that costs money, but need some help there, please privately reach out to either myself or Jeevan, and we may be able to help.  

We hope having some new options here (and some old ones we haven't done in a long time) will help, and we'll continue to try to add some variety with future options to try to accommodate as many as we can.  Thanks everyone!!

43 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Sorry, just don't like the Switch.  Thanks to my son, my 3DS has been resurrected, so I'm open to some games on there if anyone has one and wants to get together to play stuff, but the Switch just isn't, and has never been my cup of tea.  Plus, loading up the dock to the TV would show our son that that's possible and give him ideas about trying to use the system, which he's not allowed to do given his tendency to be less than careful with delicate things.  I'd love to join up every game night, but I'm just out on Switch nights, sorry.

Well majority of people have switch so that's why we really play that most imo

There is nothing you'll play on it? 

5 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

Well majority of people have switch so that's why we really play that most imo

There is nothing you'll play on it?

Not at present.  There might be some "system seller" game/app for it that comes out at a later date that just entrances me enough to get past my dislike of the system, the current software offerings, and my general distaste for modern Nintendo (the company), but at present, that's not happened.  Plus, only one system in the house, and no ability to dock it for multiplayer without the kids figuring out that's a thing and then demanding to play the system (which is currently solely Emily's).

19 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Not at present.  There might be some "system seller" game/app for it that comes out at a later date that just entrances me enough to get past my dislike of the system, the current software offerings, and my general distaste for modern Nintendo (the company), but at present, that's not happened.  Plus, only one system in the house, and no ability to dock it for multiplayer without the kids figuring out that's a thing and then demanding to play the system (which is currently solely Emily's).

You can do multiple players on the tiny screen. Just have the kick stand. Just makes it obv for kiddos I guess.

We won't play many PC games cause it's too expensive for us when we buy mainly console games. 

52 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

You can do multiple players on the tiny screen. Just have the kick stand. Just makes it obv for kiddos I guess.

We won't play many PC games cause it's too expensive for us when we buy mainly console games.

lol, there's no way I'm going to try to squeeze in and play splitscreen on a 6" LCD.  It was painful doing that with my brother in law on a 14-15" CRT back in the day during Halo night, so I don't want to imagine what less than half the real estate would do to my 20 year older eyes.  Plus, as you pointed out, the kids would figure things out if Mommy wasn't holding onto it.

Nobody plays any of the PC games I play on my own anyway, so I don't really expect anybody to play those.  I do always vote for the freebie ones that come up now and again, unless I miss the poll or it's just something that I'm absolutely tired of playing at this point.

Would be nice to have more people jump on the various sales that come about, though, as it would give us a lot more non-console variety, and with tons of good PC games coming in at like $3-5 a pop on sale, it's hard to compare those disadvantageously against console games which run $40-50+ each.  The "skip a cup of coffee" argument has been done to death in various regards, but with sales on Steam (and not even necessarily the big "Steam Sales" during the year), it's literally that easy to pick up AAA games for almost nothing.

Edit:  And if people were actually willing to give something like 7 Days to Die a shot, I'd buy several copies for people myself the next time it goes on sale.

Edited by darkchylde28

Administrator · Posted

Before it devolves into a PC/console debate, I'll just add that we'll try to mix things up between them as we can.  Some nights will be switch focused, and some will be otherwise.  We understand not everyone has the ability to play everything, so we'll take all the feedback and just try to balance things.

Side note: apparently I already own 7 Days to Die - would definitely be interested in trying that sometime.

7 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Side note: apparently I already own 7 Days to Die - would definitely be interested in trying that sometime.

Let's set something up!  I remember that ZeldaFreak and Jeevan bought copies close to two years ago when I first mentioned it and it was like $3-5, but we've never managed to work anything out to get together and give it a shot.  I had no idea you had one too, so whenever you're up for it, just the two of us, or however many more folks we can get to join in, I'm happy to hop on and show you what it's all about.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked