IGNORED

Super Jeff

Gloves

Well in Taiwan, going rate for a boxed (working) machine is between $50-$100, with $100 being reserved for more popular things (i.e. Micro Genius) or rarer things. 

This looks too modern IMO to check those boxes, I would have gone about $150 tops as I'm curious about the cart, but that's it, especially not working, and completely unknown.

Edit: Just like they make ant spray and cockroach spray, I wish they made pesticides to use against asshat resellers.

Edited by fcgamer

9 minutes ago, RH said:

To be fair, I could see myself giving $50 for locally on an impulse and maybe $10 plus shipping online, and I don't really even care for this stuff.

As much as the whole thing is annoying as to how this has gone down, I am interested in seeing what this goes for.  I mean, this isn't the only old-fart gaming community and I'm guessing there has to be at least five other bootleg collectors out there besides FSGamer.

Seller might get lucky and this thing could go for as much as $112.47!

Somebody call the dentist.  He’s going to want this to go with his sealed Golfs I think.

I totally would’ve chipped in to have this in VGS hands if there was a shiny new badge on the table 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Somebody call the dentist.  He’s going to want this to go with his sealed Golfs I think.

I totally would’ve chipped in to have this in VGS hands if there was a shiny new badge on the table 😉

the JEFF badge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Pretty infuriating.  Largely due to fcgamers interest I was too, very curious about it but largely the cart and well the box just because.  Whoever talked to this guy to spin this into an ebay boner sucks.  I hope it stalls out where it rests as it is broken, so the value largely is the cart if it's not just some $10 junk resticker thing of another multi of that time since the game count matches a known one.  This could just be paying $100 for a paperweight and a boring stock cart with a special sticker on it for that odd box.  Major investment property right there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

We're up to two bids... SOMEONE has clearly taken the Jeff bait...

There is no justice in the world! 

#freesuperjeff

😭

The VGS effect exist! We have successfully moved the market. Now to stealthily unload my pallet of Super Jeff's one at time every six months😆

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Bumping this up so that we can determine which sweating fuck is trying to take advantage of the VGS crew. 

And Gloves stood there saying, "One of you will betray me".

Obviously it's not me - cuz I would've role-claimed by now...

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.7fd6b56b5d0b1f619ac1cf882f71d849.jpeg

(Joking aside, though - it's legitimately upsetting that even fun, niche stuff like this is being scalped and market-manipulated at the slightest sign of collector-interest.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Obviously it's not me - cuz I would've role-claimed by now...

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.7fd6b56b5d0b1f619ac1cf882f71d849.jpeg

(Joking aside, though - it's legitimately upsetting that even fun, niche stuff like this is being scalped and market-manipulated at the slightest sign of collector-interest.)

Lol, this makes me want "Super Jeff" in a werewolf game.  @fcgamer You need to GM a game centered around bootleg games and hardware--all roles are close to real WW roles but each one is a little "off". Hahaha.

But yeah, it also makes me wonder if people "watching" this forum come here for ideas.  I mean, we all don't have deep pockets but I imagine here and AtariAge (and probably another forum or two) are where some of us "older" collectors go, and where some money might reside.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Link said:

How did it get from Canadia to Tejas?

I contacted the seller.  "A friend found it" and gave it to her.  Seller doesn't even collect or play games.

Trying to be as nice as possible, maaaaaybe the seller was getting a lot of request from Americans and had a friend/family member visiting and had them take it home to sell it on eBay.  Yeah, I don't know.  That's a stretch but that's about the only "legit" excuse I can think of.

I will say that if this is already in Texas, that was a fast shipment.  Maybe they really did give it to a friend who brought it home from Texas.

2 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Maybe it’s another Super Jeff?  Would you be that surprised if none of them worked?

It is the same one.  Different photos were used in both listings, but if you look at the box, they have the same damage--there's a smudge over the "G" in "Travel to the go beyond!" and if you look over by the Super Jeff logo, on the right-hand side of the sticker, there's a small "V" shaped bit of grime.  Same game/unit.

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, RH said:

It is the same one.  Different photos were used in both listings, but if you look at the box, they have the same damage--there's a smudge over the "G" in "Travel to the go beyond!" and if you look over by the Super Jeff logo, on the right-hand side of the sticker, there's a small "V" shaped bit of grime.  Same game/unit.

G38.gif

It totally is!   What madness is this!!!

17 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Reddit picked it up.

Lol, I think there's even a commenters who are questioning if this fake is a "legit fake".  As in, did someone make up a famiclone and post it just to get people to see it.

Nah, this is a real fake and not a fake-fake.