IGNORED

What systems have withstood the test of time appearance wise?

austin532

spacer.png

The systems that jump out to me as having some level of visual interest in their industrial design are the 2600 woodie, gameboy pocket, Sega Master system (I like that pop of red).. The NES is nostalgic, but I don't think its particularly attractive. The Gamecube lunchbox is pretty neat too.

Edited by G-type

I think you could argue that all of the GBA models hold up well.  The OG may need backlighting to be usable this day and age, but just looking at the design, I still think it's pretty sharp.  The clamshell AGS's are pretty nice too and perfect for putting in your pocket. Then there's the GBA Micro.  Such a beautiful master work. Small, but beautiful nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I still like an Atari 2600 original heavy sixxer in good condition.

I already mentioned the 2600, but this is what I specifically mean.  There are only about 4-5 2600 commons I want, mostly from my childhood.  Regardless, I still need to get a good conditioned heavy sixer and 95% of the reason is so it can be shelf candy.

Saturn Model 2 is very sleek. I know we're talking just looks but it had a dedicated CD player that allowed you to listen to the OST of any game you put in, it allowed you to launch the game after listing, and you could go back to that home menu before opening the disc tray and playing another game. I think that adds a layer to the sleek design. The controller stood the test of time. The only other directly competing controller would be the GCN considering the Sega Saturn controller is a default fight pad while the GCN controller has hung around through the generations as well. The Saturn 2 just has sleekness dripping out of it. You gotta keep it on a towel or wipe it down before setting on wood.

55 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I agree it still looks very modern. That's why it's one of my top pics. And this is coming from someone who isn't a N64 fan.

Yeah same here, I only have the n64 tapes i had as a teen. The console never really stuck with me beyond it's time in the spotlight.