IGNORED

What happened to videogamesage.com?

Gloves

I wonder at this point if we have any lawyers on the site who practice in Canada, and if so, if any of those would be willing to draft a pro bono letter to Google on behalf of Gloves just to see if that will shake them out of their stupor.  Seriously, you complied with what they asked, and now they're ghosting you and trying to lock things down even worse than before?  (Granted, the latter part might be because of the fact that you started the process of pulling out domains they hadn't specifically authorized you to move, but you already complied with their request, so again, fuck Google)

They should seriously start having to pay up damages at this point for the inconvenience and their absolute incompetence in handling the situation.  Just because Google Karen doesn't want to work her inbox shouldn't let them off the hook and screw Gloves as well as who knows how many more paying customers.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

I wonder at this point if we have any lawyers on the site who practice in Canada, and if so, if any of those would be willing to draft a pro bono letter to Google on behalf of Gloves just to see if that will shake them out of their stupor.  Seriously, you complied with what they asked, and now they're ghosting you and trying to lock things down even worse than before?  (Granted, the latter part might be because of the fact that you started the process of pulling out domains they hadn't specifically authorized you to move, but you already complied with their request, so again, fuck Google)

They should seriously start having to pay up damages at this point for the inconvenience and their absolute incompetence in handling the situation.  Just because Google Karen doesn't want to work her inbox shouldn't let them off the hook and screw Gloves as well as who knows how many more paying customers.

google is in murica tho right?  So wouldn't an american lawyer be better?

14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

google is in murica tho right?  So wouldn't an american lawyer be better?

I think the HQ is in the US, but most companies generally maintain some sort of presence in countries that they do business in, even if it's primarily/only digital.  You might be right that it might be better to submit legal documents in the US, but then again, it's possible that Canadians might have more rights/legal grievances within their own borders, and there's nothing to stop someone from suiing a company within their own country's borders (similar to how US citizens, companies, etc., can sue one another in states that have zero to do with whatever is going on legally, but where the plaintiff has a better chance at success).  I imagine that would be something for the laywers to look at and help determine, if such a situation were to arise.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

I think the HQ is in the US, but most companies generally maintain some sort of presence in countries that they do business in, even if it's primarily/only digital.  You might be right that it might be better to submit legal documents in the US, but then again, it's possible that Canadians might have more rights/legal grievances within their own borders, and there's nothing to stop someone from suiing a company within their own country's borders (similar to how US citizens, companies, etc., can sue one another in states that have zero to do with whatever is going on legally, but where the plaintiff has a better chance at success).  I imagine that would be something for the laywers to look at and help determine, if such a situation were to arise.

I've literally been in the Google office here in Toronto multiple times throughout my career.

• Wow! 2

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

This thread needs to be updated.... "What happened to videogamesageS.com"  I want to be that guy who uses the domain name that no one wants to acknowledge.  

Honestly part of me making the thread was so when you search online for "what happened to videogamesage" it'll appear at the top, so people end up filtering back here if they're lost!

image.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

While I don't understand the technical jargon in the explanation, I think I get it.

And... I'm here. And I am grateful for Gloves and the entire crew. 

It's been a while so I had to get a new password and what not, but my old bookmark worked so whatever you did Gloves, you did it. 

Thank you. 🙏

The world is better off with this wonderful place. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Wtf happened today?

There was a partial outage on the forum software cloud service which seems to have impacted us. You can see the spike on their systems page here: Invision Community | Uptime.com

I reached out to them for more details, but that's likely the long and short of it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Gloves said:

There was a partial outage on the forum software cloud service which seems to have impacted us. You can see the spike on their systems page here: Invision Community | Uptime.com

I reached out to them for more details, but that's likely the long and short of it.

Depending on one's sensibilities it is likely Putin's, Trump's or Biden's fault.   ^____^

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
30 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

I propose a new http 500 error page:

'Gone Skateboarding'

😁

8 minutes ago, 360collector said:

Crashed Skateboarding

need to edit gloves into the t rex game and have him skateboarding so we can have some fun!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Thank you for your dedication. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Gloves said:

I couldn't log in earlier this morning even though other members were online, but I was still able to browse the forum.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I couldn't log in earlier this morning even though other members were online, but I was still able to browse the forum.

Yeah I saw some issue this morning. It looks like one of the plugins hasn't been updated for the latest version of the software. Gosh darn lazy devs.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I also just noticed that the GIF button is gone too. Is that related?

I think the Invision guys might have reset some stuff while they were checking the forum to see what was wrong. I'll go in and see if I can't add it back.

• Like 1