IGNORED

What happened to videogamesage.com?

Gloves

On 4/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I wonder if we'll now see the return of a couple of guys who completely disappeared after the 's' was added?  @Sumez was probably the most regular poster, and it shows him last appearing on December 20th, one day before the fall of the house of sages...

Hi again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, Jeevan said:

eventually it will yes.

Is Sages supposed to have been redirecting already?  Because for me, at least, it broke the day after the announcement was made that the original site domain had been rescued (and the original subsequently started working the next day, just as the stand in broke completely across all devices in the house).

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Is Sages supposed to have been redirecting already?  Because for me, at least, it broke the day after the announcement was made that the original site domain had been rescued (and the original subsequently started working the next day, just as the stand in broke completely across all devices in the house).

not sure when, but @Gloves is working on it yes.

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It already is redirecting. It's propagated and clearing cache should work. 

image.png

Weirdly, Chrome on PC was happy to go there (which had never visited the site), but after manually clearing just the Sages data from Firefox, then nuking all data from Firefox (oy, all the logging back in), it's still not working on FIrefox on PC.

Interestingly enough, as of re-trying it on my mobile devices today, as of a couple of minutes ago, they're all happily hitting it and redirecting properly, while Firefox on PC is still providing the one finger salute in response to the request.

Edit:  I believe I may have figured it out.  Even though I was just inputting videogamesages.com in the URL bar, when I was hitting enter, Firefox, after having its memory lobotomized, keeps adding https://www. to the front end.  Manually stopping it and nuking the extra text and telling it to JUST GO TO THE SITE I TOLD IT TO GO TO does result in a proper redirect.  No clue why Firefox is fighting to add all the extra nonsense, even when not autocompleting what I type before I hit enter.  Anyway...

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Weirdly, Chrome on PC was happy to go there (which had never visited the site), but after manually clearing just the Sages data from Firefox, then nuking all data from Firefox (oy, all the logging back in), it's still not working on FIrefox on PC.

Interestingly enough, as of re-trying it on my mobile devices today, as of a couple of minutes ago, they're all happily hitting it and redirecting properly, while Firefox on PC is still providing the one finger salute in response to the request.

Edit:  I believe I may have figured it out.  Even though I was just inputting videogamesages.com in the URL bar, when I was hitting enter, Firefox, after having its memory lobotomized, keeps adding https://www. to the front end.  Manually stopping it and nuking the extra text and telling it to JUST GO TO THE SITE I TOLD IT TO GO TO does result in a proper redirect.  No clue why Firefox is fighting to add all the extra nonsense, even when not autocompleting what I type before I hit enter.  Anyway...

Browsers suck man I dunno why I got into web development. 😛

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

@Gloveswhy does the sages site still no redirect...

image.thumb.png.21a79c7441b1d521e7d9d8b6e64302ec.png

I cleared my caches out like you said.  Chrome doesn't work but Brave web browser work and Firefox.

it worked for me, clear till the beginning of time in case?  just don't click the passwords and logins button 😆

11 hours ago, Gloves said:

Unfortunately, Google still has it. 😞

So they're making you bitch at them per domain instead of just releasing all of the domains you own under your account after you provided their required identification documents?  Man, FUCK Google.  Quick, somebody spread a rumor that they lost 200K subscribers so that their whole business can go belly up overnight (even though there's no actual significant customer loss issue going on).

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

So they're making you bitch at them per domain instead of just releasing all of the domains you own under your account after you provided their required identification documents?  Man, FUCK Google.  Quick, somebody spread a rumor that they lost 200K subscribers so that their whole business can go belly up overnight (even though there's no actual significant customer loss issue going on).

It's a little more complicated. The account is still suspended, but somehow the VGS domain was purchased... separately(?) from my actual account, but tied to my email still on the backend, so I lost access to it with the account, but... not? I couldn't DO anything on the account, so I couldn't see the domain or do anything with it, but the domain itself wasn't locked, and I stopped listening to the woman on the online chat and just horse blinder'd my way at "I can transfer the VGS domain off of this suspended account?". 

Fortunately I was successful in that endeavor. 

They proceeded to immediately start the process of suspending the secondary account but that takes 10 days, and transferring the domain off of Google entirely only took 3 days (an oversight on their part, to be sure). So I just beelined for getting VGS off of their platform and didn't look back.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1