IGNORED

$5 Xbox 360 collection. FS/FT

57 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Go back out there dude, they still there?

43 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

I like this thread. I have enjoyed the progress and flipping skills so far. 

I think "missing out" on that table and chairs will further motivate you to go big.

Al the best on the hunt. 

On my way back to my house I had the bright idea to just take a picture of the table and chairs, leave them in his yard and post them for sale on marketplace. Then if I did get a buyer I could go get it then , if it was still there, if not I would just say “it sold already”. But by the time I got back out there it was gone. I won’t forget I let that one slip. 

the same guy who bought the hats was die hard fan. I told him I had a couple shirts too (also free from the same pile) and he said he would pick them up. $15 for both so a decent little $35 profit walking to the mailbox. My meet spot is 5 min from my house. I bet I’ve flipped $100 so far off like 5 items. Just stuff trying to ween off feebay.

5EEC9113-4ABD-4E74-84E9-262EAC56E1FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

On my way back to my house I had the bright idea to just take a picture of the table and chairs, leave them in his yard and post them for sale on marketplace. Then if I did get a buyer I could go get it then , if it was still there, if not I would just say “it sold already”. But by the time I got back out there it was gone. I won’t forget I let that one slip. 

the same guy who bought the hats was die hard fan. I told him I had a couple shirts too (also free from the same pile) and he said he would pick them up. $15 for both so a decent little $35 profit walking to the mailbox. My meet spot is 5 min from my house. I bet I’ve flipped $100 so far off like 5 items. Just stuff trying to ween off feebay.

sounds like you are working towards buying all my 360 that @drxandy didn't want!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

sounds like you are working towards buying all my 360 that @drxandy didn't want!

I’ll for sure be interested. My first buy for the collection will be a console. There is a MW edition been sitting on marketplace but the lady won’t come down from $150 😕 

I’m trying to snag one for $40 or less.

@drxandy seems like the guy when it comes to 360. I watch his thread too. I have picked up a couple sneaky gems but that was before I started this thread unfortunately.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted

fable 3 LCE
borderlands the pre-sequel

the lord of the rings(lego)
Grand Theft auto iv(disc)
Lego indiana jones, the adventure continues
ufc 2009 undisputed
overlord(disc)
tropico 3
lego pirates of the caribbean

saints row the third

borderlands
duke nukem forever

farming simulator 15
call of duty 4 modern warfare

space marine
diablo 3
deadrising platinum hits
south park the stick of truth

red dead redemption
dragon age origins ultimate edition
left 4 dead 2
saints row 2

enchanted arms(disc)
borderlands 2(need to find disc)
fable 2

this is what i have, i would cut you a deal if u want it all, just let me know, if i sell any prior i will let you know, but im not actively trying to, outside of this and drxandy.  I would say i would sell you my console, but i can't get it to work.......i might be willing to part with a controller too if u want, but we will see, i kinda wanna keep at least 1, i have 2, for my pc 

• Like 1

Aw shucks you guys 🥰 I was late to the game but not too late, things are starting to price up a little but still so many deals out there. I'm pretty sure my local store was pricing em off GameStop for a while (back when they carried 360/ps3) so there were crazy deals but not so much anymore there but in lots and stuff you can definitely get a great bang for buck. Thrift stores still have gems out there too, I have seen prices on consoles there from wide ranges so 40 is definitely do-able. I got my console back in 2018? I think for 90 at the local store, after using store credit I think it was 55$ but the model I wanted (slim) in the box and a bonus 250gb drive. I have seen the original model lately for $30 with everything thriftin several times so patience wont hurt for sure to find the right one.

Anyways I am enjoying this thread too, can't wait to see the fruits of your labor 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've got a ton of 360 games I haven't got around to listing.  Pretty much commons all around, but there's some good stuff in there too, and lots of fun, playable games.  I'm just curious when/how you plan to buy.  Are you setting a threshold for your profit that you plan to dip into and buy lots, or are you picking up specific titles you find cheap?  There's no wrong way to do it as long as you don't spend everything in one go, but yeah, what's the methodology here?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I've got a ton of 360 games I haven't got around to listing.  Pretty much commons all around, but there's some good stuff in there too, and lots of fun, playable games.  I'm just curious when/how you plan to buy.  Are you setting a threshold for your profit that you plan to dip into and buy lots, or are you picking up specific titles you find cheap?  There's no wrong way to do it as long as you don't spend everything in one go, but yeah, what's the methodology here?

I think I’d actually like to keep it a surprise 😁

5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I think I’d actually like to keep it a surprise 😁

So you're either going to piece it together whenever you find cheap shit, or you're gonna save up to buy the entire collection in one fell swoop.  Either way, that'd be awesome man.  Best of luck!  And I'll keep you in mind when I get around to getting my dupes listed.

• Like 1

This thread brings me joy.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:20 PM, docile tapeworm said:

The legendary status you are reaching is incredible.

Haha, listing the items on Marketplace and leaving them in your neighbours yard??? hahaha.... MY GOD! That shit is epic. 

First thing I think of is buddy cruising Facebook later that night and being like "oh.... honey.... did you list the table set? There's a picture of our driveway on Facebook." 🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So you're either going to piece it together whenever you find cheap shit, or you're gonna save up to buy the entire collection in one fell swoop.  Either way, that'd be awesome man.  Best of luck!  And I'll keep you in mind when I get around to getting my dupes listed.

I appreciate it. I think it’s going to be a fun journey. Admittedly on the back burner behind my main collection of nes and Genesis. So it will probably be a slow go. But the fun part is it’s stuff I still actually see at yard sales and flea markets. Now days anything ps2 and before is like gold and goes fast.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 12:13 PM, drxandy said:

Thrift stores still have gems out there too, I have seen prices on consoles there from wide ranges so 40 is definitely do-able. I got my console back in 2018? I think for 90 at the local store, after using store credit I think it was 55$ but the model I wanted (slim) in the box and a bonus 250gb drive. I have seen the original model lately for $30 with everything thriftin several times so patience wont hurt for sure to find the right one.

Right before I started this thread I picked up that slim 250g with a nice cib black ops 2  and controller for $50. I almost want to cheat and buy it from myself lol.

but I’m gonna hold out. There are a couple special editions on fb local at $100+ I might go for them if they will do $75. Idk yet there are a couple options at the local brick and mortar as well….

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, docile tapeworm said:

“Will you take $5?” came with an old white but had red ring I think the guy just wanted it gone. Controllers work tho. Hey. We got two controllers. 

AFE898BA-6E3C-499D-8985-8D52F997477C.jpeg

So a fortunate turn in our $5 Xbox 360 collection today. I picked up a first gen with two controllers for $200D52FA16-3BFC-4802-B06E-AD599A54A54D.jpeg.6fe2c1424c5d93de140b6149c4567256.jpeg

that sticker states if the av cable is not secure it will flash a red circle….💡I still had the console (previously thought it was rrod but I had an hdmi hooked up) I had picked up with the controllers for $5. I plug in the power and av and it worked lol! Also it had a game in it. it started to play and I hear “ea sports…” let me tell you we came close to finding that 2014.F6C55064-28C9-42D7-AACA-3FCF500C2B38.thumb.jpeg.1719af2e9e587cb9c68ac83823bea2f4.jpeg

so we now have a dirty beat up as fuuuuu lol console, two controllers, a loose copy of ncaa 2013 and $50 still in the funds. I’ll take the first gen I found today and put it in with the wild finds thread. Pretty cool turn around for the thread 💪🏻

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here we go. Dude took $35.

keepers are on the right of the second photo. Might send a couple to the man @Pats1717 but I don’t see any of the bangers that wouldn’t be able to be saved. The rest will be traded/sold to try and recoup some $

Days like this are why I started this thread. More likely to finds deals like this anymore. Keeps the hunt fun. I’ll get them cleaned up and update the op pic of the current collection asap.

96E95ED8-1495-40E6-A14B-3D5EEC20B1B1.thumb.jpeg.46b94951285c4b6747c56aaea988a782.jpegA680B3CD-9EA1-4ACA-BF5E-82EC3D8EEBC9.jpeg.e6cd88b92acc227870222d4af107914b.jpeg

$53-$35=$18

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Love 1