IGNORED

$5 Xbox 360 collection. FS/FT

Let’s see what kind of Xbox 360 collection we can put together starting with just $5. I see enough of it in the wild that it could be fun.

CURRENT FUNDS: -$60

The Collection:

FS/FT:

The beginning: picked this up for $5.

E0AC265A-0801-4EB6-81EB-27106B1FB16E.jpeg

sold for $20

-$5 = $15 in xbox 360 funds.

+ $40 (blountstown hats and shirts) = $55

-$5 Xbox 360 console (falcon) + two controllers + ncaa 2013 (loose) = $50

-$7 three controllers and cod bo 3 (cib) = $43

+$9 (Harley t) =$53

lot of 360 games -$35=$18

ninja gaiden 2 -$3=$15

+$10 ncaa 2013 $15+$10=$25

-$15 Hard drive, metal gear promo $15-$25=$10

+$20 sold Xbox 360 lot $10+$20=$30

+$10 sold “dokatot” +$20 Christmas cash=$60

-$40 donpachi =$20

+$148 ncaa 13, armored core v, fb lot =$168

-$58 collection merge =$110

-$5 Minecraft =$105

+$5 sold black ops 2 =$110

719A1D04-60C1-46D9-A0DE-C7A1E367BB2B.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

• The title was changed to $5 Xbox 360 collection.
6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Damn you had $3 and you blew your whole budget on one and a half guitars? I would’ve tried to get Mass Effect 2.

Hey I forgot I picked up the game right after for $2. Let’s make it the $5 Xbox 360 collection. Also is mass effect 2 a good one? Lol I have very little knowledge of the library actually. Pretty much a shelf collection as I didn’t grow up with the system and have no connection to it in any way. It’s just out there in the wild like the old nes days so….it could be fun and maybe I’ll learn a thing or two. And let’s be completely honest I’m hoping it’s worth millions in a few years, when semi uncommon titles will be worth $100 😂

• Like 1

I been thinking of getting a 360 actually.  Kinda slim pickings though on the exclusives...or at least games that did not get a PS3/PS4 release.  But I did start earning achievement points on those free (mostly) Microsoft Solitare/Minesweeper/etc games for the PC and I thought it might be neat to continue that on a 360.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@RH lol your right! It’s a flipper game. Let’s see what we can turn into an Xbox 360 collection with just $5

@drxandy I was hoping you would come in here and school me on this stuff 🙂 

Haha my local store got wise and now 360 games are all like 5$ on the low end except the sports stuff, so I don't think I'm gonna be seeing any super cheapies soon. I made out like a bandit for a while. Every once in a while something pops up at the thrift for cheap still.

Last year I got copies of blue dragon, the last reminant, Majin and the forbidden kingdom, few other RPGs for 3.99 ea which was killer. Last time I was in there I think they had a copy of blue dragon for 15$.

I missed out on this gen too so it's been fun catching up. Even if there are games that were multiplatform I like the controller.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

My general rule is that I don't care what the title is, if it's $1 and it's in mint shape, I'll buy it.  If it's $3 and NOT a sports title (or cheap handheld shovelware) I'll buy that too.  The $1 games, even the sports ones, are always good for OEM case swaps at a minimum.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, RH said:

My general rule is that I don't care what the title is, if it's $1 and it's in mint shape, I'll buy it.  If it's $3 and NOT a sports title (or cheap handheld shovelware) I'll buy that too.  The $1 games, even the sports ones, are always good for OEM case swaps at a minimum.

Cardinal 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Haha my local store got wise and now 360 games are all like 5$ on the low end except the sports stuff, so I don't think I'm gonna be seeing any super cheapies soon. I made out like a bandit for a while. Every once in a while something pops up at the thrift for cheap still.

I used to run a wordpress website about games readily available at Gamestop, Redbox (when they used to sell games), and eBay (When you could still get $5 games with free shipping and no tax). I haven't been back to the site in years but apparently the eBay links still work. Looking back at some of the games I posted back then makes me wish I picked up more as, like you said, even the baseline for the cheap stuff has shifted higher.

fivedollarcollector.wordpress.com

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Aguy said:

I used to run a wordpress website about games readily available at Gamestop, Redbox (when they used to sell games), and eBay (When you could still get $5 games with free shipping and no tax). I haven't been back to the site in years but apparently the eBay links still work. Looking back at some of the games I posted back then makes me wish I picked up more as, like you said, even the baseline for the cheap stuff has shifted higher.

fivedollarcollector.wordpress.com

Man that's awesome, nice work!!

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Aguy I get a feeling I’m a dollar short and a day late or I’m in the nick of time lol

either way I still see it often enough I. The wild that it should be fun.

Of course, the wild is where you'll find most of the deals. On a lark, I checked what GS still offers, and for what it's worth, they still have some non sports related stuff for $5 one might be able to find CIB in store.

CoD: BO3
Dragon Age II
Wipeout
Dark Souls
Dead Rising 2
The Darkness II
Smipe Elite V2
Walking Dead S1
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Watchdogs
The Evil Within
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Civilization Revolution
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mirror's Edge
Far Cry 3

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, The Count said:

I'm just impressed you sold Guitar Hero III and guitar for $20. I think I had like five guitars at one point and I literally could not give them away so I donated them to the Good Will.

It sat for a good month and a half. It got a lot of hits and “is this still available” even a few “ok I’ll buy it”. At least 5 people asked if I would ship it and when I said ya for an extra $20 they never replied back.

i see them sell on eBay for $40 I think it might be this particular one (Gibson les Paul) that sells good.

but I’ll be honest a couple times I was like “I should have started off trying to flip something easier” lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I decided to keep the vcr/dvd combo. I’m going to put that $3 back into our collection fund. So we are back at $15.

went to check the mail Saturday and the neighbors were moving and I see this…6EB116F9-6FDE-443C-B68A-3A7335534B35.jpeg.fdda09b264088fbb95886c16de154984.jpeg

so there was a box of clothes and I pull out a couple hats. Local high school.6C8D3433-9431-4287-93F9-F91B131CBD05.jpeg.1e4c9e7cd265aa2e594d1ddebf3d35b0.jpeg

sold them on fb marketplace for $20.

so we got $35 in the funds now.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1