IGNORED

Nintendo Entertainment System Ultimate Set

Mario_Friend1982

Lol at people getting mad in these threads!

This is clearly a unique forum member, posting his own lists in his own threads, I for one welcome contributions from his unusual perspective (admittedly with a little tongue-in-cheek)! The logic to what is included is clear, if you look at it with a particular frame of mind... Reminds me of the kinds of things I would think about when I was a kid listing all the Nintendo things I could think of in my head! 

The lists are not complete, however, and OP is obviously open to suggestion and debate as to what should and shouldn't be included, so why not help him out rather than deride his effort! Maybe you can be a Video Game Master too! 😁

True, but you do have to question making a D battery or pretty much any battery with a system part of a complete set unless that battery came packed in the box sealed up new, and even then it would have to be the one they specifically got for the package like with Gameboy, Virtual Boy, etc.

I did find it interesting skimming that I didn't see the 10 Worlds of Power scholastic reader books from 1990 there in the book section as they're all NES titles with hints to play the game by at the end of every chapter.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

True, but you do have to question making a D battery or pretty much any battery with a system part of a complete set unless that battery came packed in the box sealed up new, and even then it would have to be the one they specifically got for the package like with Gameboy, Virtual Boy, etc.

I did find it interesting skimming that I didn't see the 10 Worlds of Power scholastic reader books from 1990 there in the book section as they're all NES titles with hints to play the game by at the end of every chapter.

He's also missing the Official Nintendo Player's Guide. That was invaluable for games from 1985-87.

I never really cared for the How to Win at Nintendo books. They seemed to have errors in some of the hints.

9 minutes ago, Tulpa said:
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

He's also missing the Official Nintendo Player's Guide. That was invaluable for games from 1985-87.

I never really cared for the How to Win at Nintendo books. They seemed to have errors in some of the hints.

Added. Thank you!

Edited by Mario_Friend1982
  • Like 1

You need the batteries in order to play the games! How could you possibly enjoy your Robotic Operating Buddy (also known as ROB) without a couple AA's? 

Having said that, if you include batteries on the list, you also gotta include a CRT... ROB won't work without that either... Is the Sharp TV on the list?

Edit: NOT on the list! Get the Sharp NES TV on the list dude, you gonna need something to actually play the games on, not just the system but a good CRT TV too!

Edited by OptOut

21 hours ago, OptOut said:

You need the batteries in order to play the games! How could you possibly enjoy your Robotic Operating Buddy (also known as ROB) without a couple AA's? 

Having said that, if you include batteries on the list, you also gotta include a CRT... ROB won't work without that either... Is the Sharp TV on the list?

Edit: NOT on the list! Get the Sharp NES TV on the list dude, you gonna need something to actually play the games on, not just the system but a good CRT TV too!

Added.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Br81zad said:

Hey man, D batteries can come in handy. They pack some power and when you run out of juice they make a great projectile weapon.

Ahh the fun of D-cell battery night at the park.

22 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I didn't either.  I never had them back in the day, vaguely remember seeing one, but a couple years ago I found the first two locally and I tried them for a little while like as boring moment or bathroom readers due to how they're done, but they're poor, very poor and the tips range from suck to misleading so I tossed them out as they weren't even worth trying to trade or sell the things.  I've got the Official guide there, so yeah it's an odd omission at the time.  One thing I've picked up over the last few years since going MIA is a lot of those first party and a few more useful third party guides.